Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Beginners Luck [extremely long post]

Gene,

I am one of the guys that like the 180 meters as to me it is more precise even though you have more number with the 550. This could be I learned my Sovereign XS with the Sun Ray DTI meter (180 numbers) and when I got a new XS2 it came with the Minelab 550 meter. After a week with it jumping all over with the numbers and many over lapping with trash target and not knowing the close target I sold the Minelab meter and got a new Sun Ray meter. I also found the calibration would change much more too on the 550 meter and would have to recalibrate often.
I have rescaled the 550 meters and find they are very stable and seem to lock on to numbers better, but like I say that is me and some like the 550 meters like Art does. What ever works the best is what you should use.
Now on the new GT Minelab is making a 180 meter for it.

I am hoping to see some great finds posted by you as you have the detector that will get them.

Rick

Guess it is all what one gets used to Rick. Will use it like it
is for awhile and see what happens. When I start to get the tones
down and how they relate to the meter readings I will know what to
do from there. Right now after only 3 hours of field use it is way
too early to tell. Like you say I believe that this detector has
definite potential for getting the good stuff. The detector is
ready. The operator is trying to catch up. Thanks for wishing me
luck. I appreciate that and all the help in answering my questions
in the past. I feel I have a definite edge by having my questions
answered right here. My confidence level is way up as far as using
the XS2. HH.........Gene