Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Best beach video I've seen so far by hardcore beach hunters.

TN Mike

Not my video. But I do enjoy watching gravediggersmax's videos. Best beach video I've seen so far by hardcore beach hunters. Others have been neat tests but this is 20 minutes of hunting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83Bbcd_NMeU

Edit: error the video plays back to back to 45 minutes. 20 minutes of good hunting though.

I liked that the nox was giving minus 4 - 5 VID numbers on the steel bottle caps

What was important to me was them switching from AM and disc. Did i see that right..... it would go from a minus in AM to a solid number in disc? Max said it was pretty much like the CTX...... guess you had to be there because you just dont dig bottle caps unless you want to with the CTX. So it must have been pretty much beep and dig to show what was coming out of the ground and how deep..... the digits were crazy. Hey...... but if Max does the video.... ill most certainly watch.

Dew

Ehh can’t tell much from that video. First, it’s February at Virginia Beach, not a lot there to begin with, Second, they obviously don’t know shite from shinolah about the Nox it’s settings or anything about it really, and finally, watch their videos even in dead summer, it’s hit or miss whether they find much there with any detector. I won’t Judge the Nox on beach performance off that video at all. I did noticed some of that junk he dug was 4 or 5 scoops deep, the only thing I took from that video.

Max's videos are decent but he does dig a ton of crown bottle caps with the CTX. His problem is screen washout in the sun. I run into the same thing on the beach, and in the water, you can't see the screen anyway. He goes by audio most of the time. My display was only useful on the beach at night. Hopefully the Nox will remedy some of the screen glare/washout issues; particularly while wearing polarized sunglasses.

For anyone that counts the video to be in poor taste, it was only my opinion that it was/is the best so far. And I stand by it, apart from one other video of a hunt that looks to be in south America somewhere. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWXgONEth-o&t=12s

I honestly dont want to watch someone dig gold through out a whole video.. Hard fought hunt and a bit of frustration speaks more truth than tests. I remember hearing his buddy say "its like its not hitting everything".. that stood out to me. I know they dont know the machines entirely, but neither will a lot of people.. I hunted about a hour and half with mine so far and I can say I'm not 100% certain about all the settings either.. People were touting the 0 iron bias while working nails and its my opinion (cause I cant call it a fact yet) that the 0 iron bias causes the iron to false and though it may help in some unmasking, I was digging nails.

Opinions are like......

This video gives a much better representation of what the Equinox can do on the beach, although he didn't do too many live digs, you can see by his finds it will be a great beach machine.
https://youtu.be/sRd0S9vbCgw

BootyHunter said:
This video gives a much better representation of what the Equinox can do on the beach, although he didn't do too many live digs, you can see by his finds it will be a great beach machine.

Comon.. Thats about as cookie cutter a youtube video as any I've seen. I appreciate any video a person puts out, but at the moment I want to see people working the machine in the wetsand.. not surface finds in the dry.

I dont doubt it will do well at the beach.

TN Mike said:

Comon.. Thats about as cookie cutter a youtube video as any I've seen. I appreciate any video a person puts out, but at the moment I want to see people working the machine in the wetsand.. not surface finds in the dry.

I dont doubt it will do well at the beach.

Well at least he makes some finds in the video. The dry sand stuff I agree is useless, a kids toy detector will work in dry sand, but the few finds he does show in the wet and then the wrap up at the end, is worth more to me than max and his friend chasing iron signals and saying “what’s that, I don’t know what setting that is”. I like max but if you’re gonna do a hunt video, at least know a little about the machine you use in the video. Read the manual and learn a little bit about it. It’s february, the beach vids will come later, but I’m a relic hunter, I get to the ocean a few times a year when I’m lucky. I do have a trip to Charleston SC coming up weekend after next and I will make a video and post it up. But the guy in the video I posted was talking about how it hit nickels like gold on the excal, and he was actually finding coins and jewelry, not just bottle caps and large iron. Anyone watching the video you posted and basing their opinion of the Equinox on that would be severely mislead. As I said, I’ll be using it on a saltwater beach in the wet sand only in a little over a week. So I’ll see for myself what it can do. As a relic hunter I’m super impressed with it thus far and I’m coming from a ctx to it. It’s better suited for mineralization and iron contamination much more so than the Ctx. It’s salt water attributes are just icing to me.