Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Best (cheapest) place to get the PRO PACK?

SSuper

Best I have found found for the Pro Pack-
Legend
Stock coil
6" coil
Extra battery
Charger
Digging tool
Find pouch
Wireless headphones
Pulse pinpointer

5% off of $765 is Best I've found.
And generally the nokta backpack is $80+... on top of the $765..

Anyone got a line on a cheaper deal?
DM ME! Please...

Thanks.

To be honest, my Nokta finds pouch is collecting dust, as it's utterly inferior to Gray Ghost. And I've sold the Pulsedive PP because it sucks as a pinpointer. Can't comment on a Nokta digger, never had one (I'm using a Fiskars hori knife).

I suggest getting a regular Pro Pack with no extras and buying other accessories separately from the same vendor, then applying a coupon to the whole order. Gray Ghost Ultimate Catch-All pouch, MI4 pinpointer, Lesche or Predator digger… you get the idea. Most big vendors have 10-20% off coupons year round.

To be honest, my Nokta finds pouch is collecting dust, as it's utterly inferior to Gray Ghost. And I've sold the Pulsedive PP because it sucks as a pinpointer. Can't comment on a Nokta digger, never had one (I'm using a Fiskars hori knife).

I suggest getting a regular Pro Pack with no extras and buying other accessories separately from the same vendor, then applying a coupon to the whole order. Gray Ghost Ultimate Catch-All pouch, MI4 pinpointer, Lesche or Predator digger… you get the idea. Most big vendors have 10-20% off coupons year round.
I now have a carrot for pinpointer and the only digging tool outside of a sand scoop( RTG scoops are the best imo)and small shovel I’ve used rarely years ago is a Lesche. Pouches i use various from Home Depot. Biggest selection of size and styles. Even a klein tool pouch works

Considering I just use the cargo pockets on my pants for a "pouch" and a small shovel, anything will be an upgrade.

Got a link(s) for these discounts?

Considering I just use the cargo pockets on my pants for a "pouch" and a small shovel, anything will be an upgrade.
Well, I prefer "buy once, cry once" approach. Almost every time I deviate from it, I end up with both cheap crap and an "expensive" item that I should've bought in the first place.
Got a link(s) for these discounts?
Most, if not all, can be easily found online. Here's how:
  1. Open a private window in your browser (alt-ctrl-N or alt-cmd-N), and open all the "research" tabs in it (as described below).
  2. Open vendor's site, add stuff to the shopping cart.
  3. Open a new tab (ctrl-t or cmd-t) and use your favorite search engine to look for stuff like "[name of the vendor] coupon code".
  4. Many of the results will be just affiliate link scams (hence my suggestion for a private window), you can (and should) ignore them.
  5. Once you found an actual coupon code, switch over to the tab with a shopping cart and enter it there. Evaluate the changes to grand total.
  6. Rinse and repeat for all coupon codes.
  7. Rinse and repeat for all vendors of interest.
  8. Once you find a winner, save that coupon code, close the private window and shop vendor's site normally, then use a coupon.
  9. (optionally) Many coupon codes also act as referral codes, earning commission for whoever "owns" that code. If you found a few coupons that give the same top discount for the same vendor, you may want to evaluate which of its affiliates deserves that commission, and use their coupon.
  10. Profit!
Bonus tip: not all online merchants collect sales tax. Even without a coupon, it could save you a small fortune… so watch out for it too.

Last edited:
(alt-ctrl-N or alt-cmd-N)
Correction: that'll be shift-ctrl-N on Windows or shift-cmd-N on Mac. The shortcut above will be opening a private window with Tor if you're using Brave browser, which is an overkill for the purpose of this research.

One more thing… Nokta is running a "stimulus promotion" now, and you can get a LG15 (6") coil "free" with the purchase of Legend WHP. You don't really need a battery pack, IMO. And it's one helluva deal, especially combined with a good coupon. It also serves as a good indicator of which online vendors are really Nokta dealers.

Well when I ordered one nobody in the US participated in the US stimulus promotion where you get the 6” coil, and my understanding nobody is going to participate in it. I tried. Even NM could not verify the date it started or who participates. Was told by some dealerships that they were not shipped promo packages and they could not take a coil in stock and add it to the detector itself. Maybe things have changed over the last month or two. You are actually better buying the pro pack and get the coil and battery

Was told it was up to individual dealers if they are participating in the promotion and again nobody I contacted was going to participate. If you come across one let
me know, curious as to who is. Maybe everyone received the promo packs by now and i am wrong

Well when I ordered one nobody in the US participated in the US stimulus promotion where you get the 6” coil, and my understanding nobody is going to participate in it. I tried. Even NM could not verify the date it started or who participates. Was told by some dealerships that they were not shipped promo packages and they could not take a coil in stock and add it to the detector itself. Maybe things have changed over the last month or two. You are actually better buying the pro pack and get the coil and battery
In one minute found at least two (and in stock): 1, 2. There's likely more, but that should get you started…

In one minute found at least two (and in stock): 1, 2. There's likely more, but that should get you started…
When they first rolled it out that was the status. As i said things could have changed by now and i could be wrong.
I can only tell you what I encountered when i ordered mine. I had quite a few discussions about it with dealers as it was advertised on NM website and brought to my attention by someone on here.
Nobody at the time had received the promo packs with the coil, and some said they were not participating.
It seems some have received them and participating and some are still not.
That part i still don’t understand.
Just order from one that is.

That part i still don’t understand.
There also seems to be quite a bit of gaslighting going on. For example, I could swear that I saw that "stimulus" deal on a huge banner at one of "big 2" dealers. Then, when I went to check on it again, it was gone. The next day, I see that banner again. A few hours later – nada. Guess some vendors run it on schedule, or do A/B testing?… Whatever. When I bought mine, there were no bundle deals or "stimulus" packages, just some silly restaurant gift card that I'll probably never use, as I'm pretty happy with my own cooking. Still, no buyers remorse, and no temptation to call the dealer and renegotiate post factum. I'm pretty happy with the machine, so why bother?…

Well, I prefer "buy once, cry once" approach. Almost every time I deviate from it, I end up with both cheap crap and an "expensive" item that I should've bought in the first place.

Most, if not all, can be easily found online. Here's how:
  1. Open a private window in your browser (alt-ctrl-N or alt-cmd-N), and open all the "research" tabs in it (as described below).
  2. Open vendor's site, add stuff to the shopping cart.
  3. Open a new tab (ctrl-t or cmd-t) and use your favorite search engine to look for stuff like "[name of the vendor] coupon code".
  4. Many of the results will be just affiliate link scams (hence my suggestion for a private window), you can (and should) ignore them.
  5. Once you found an actual coupon code, switch over to the tab with a shopping cart and enter it there. Evaluate the changes to grand total.
  6. Rinse and repeat for all coupon codes.
  7. Rinse and repeat for all vendors of interest.
  8. Once you find a winner, save that coupon code, close the private window and shop vendor's site normally, then use a coupon.
  9. (optionally) Many coupon codes also act as referral codes, earning commission for whoever "owns" that code. If you found a few coupons that give the same top discount for the same vendor, you may want to evaluate which of its affiliates deserves that commission, and use their coupon.
  10. Profit!
Bonus tip: not all online merchants collect sales tax. Even without a coupon, it could save you a small fortune… so watch out for it too.
Wow.
Thank Christ I wasn't asking about specifics..

I wouldn't have been able to do that without you!
You sir, are a scholar, gentleman and patriot!

There also seems to be quite a bit of gaslighting going on. For example, I could swear that I saw that "stimulus" deal on a huge banner at one of "big 2" dealers. Then, when I went to check on it again, it was gone. The next day, I see that banner again. A few hours later – nada. Guess some vendors run it on schedule, or do A/B testing?… Whatever. When I bought mine, there were no bundle deals or "stimulus" packages, just some silly restaurant gift card that I'll probably never use, as I'm pretty happy with my own cooking. Still, no buyers remorse, and no temptation to call the dealer and renegotiate post factum. I'm pretty happy with the machine, so why bother?…
Im kind of a person of principal . If i say something I stand behind it.
I dont say anything im not going to do.
Unfortunately we are in times of what people say means nothing and wishy washy, flip flopping, and hypocrisy is the new norm.
If thats your bag of donuts then I guess, whatever, it is.

Im kind of a person of principal . If i say something I stand behind it.
I dont say anything im not going to do.
Unfortunately we are in times of what people say means nothing and wishy washy, flip flopping, and hypocrisy is the new norm.
If thats your bag of donuts then I guess, whatever, it is.
Sounds like you're accusing me of something, I'm just not quite sure what. Could you show me on this doll principal, where did it hurt?… :spin:

Sounds like you're accusing me of something, I'm just not quite sure what. Could you show me on this doll principal, where did it hurt?… :spin:
No not you lol
You know i also remember a time when over 90% of a conversation with someone was either on phone with a landline or in person.
Now everything including business is done by text, which is basically what we are doing on here. If i had a dollar every time i said, i hate texting, things always get taken out of context,
It all started with those damn pager’s 😆
Ive never been good at writing love letters if thats what you want.
I cant even portray sarcasm in person let alone by text. So glad they invented imoji’s and auto spell at least.
But back to what we were discussing,
If you get the Sunday paper, remember those, and there was an ad for something, say $100 off set of tires at sears.
So you go to sears and ask to get the tires with the $100 off and they say well, we know nothing about it, and plus firestone never sent us the tires, and even if they do we are not going to honor it.
Trying to lay it out as simple as possible that’s how it happened.
It was advertised by manufacture, dealers either said they didn’t know about it, although it was on the website, and that they did not get the packages for one and two they are not honoring the ad.
So you buy the tires at full price then a week later your friend goes and gets the tires $100 cheaper wtf.
Again, i could be looking at this wrong.
Ive had businesses and been in advertising, years ago everyone had principals you do whats right for customer within reason. You say something you do it.
Has nothing to do with you, has everything to do with principles
Just like the dealer that sent me a broken item and then just washed his hands of it. maybe things are funny until it happens to you or you have so much money nothing matters I don’t know
Either way its just wrong dude.

One big problem that I have is the fact that if a company is out there that undersells the other companies, then the other companies get jealous, and make a big stink out of it because they want to make more money on the sale…..Let’s face it ! Like anything else, it’s a business !… Underselling could result in a company losing its right to sell product….You could give out information that you have on a great company that you dealt with, only to find out that the person you gave the info to is another dealer trying to screw the dealer that gave you a great deal…..In that scenario, nobody wins…

As far as i know in this industry there are limits on the discount you can give under retail. I actually looked into being a dealer long time ago I assume same applies today as it is in other industries.
One of the businesses i had we charged anywhere from $5-$25 less than competitors for a service.
We also spent a lot on advertising and did volume. In the end we probably still were ahead but every business is entitled how they want to run their business and what they charge.
We just set our prices low from the start and ran it that way.
But we are talking two different things here. What we advertised is what we charged always.
We didn’t deviate and say well the competition is charging more so we are not honoring our low price. Or if we advertised a certain day or hour we didn’t change things day to day because that was in our best interest at the moment. Of course unfortunate unforeseen circumstances happen and we make it up somehow. NM did step up and make things right even though they didn’t have too. And thats why they are an exceptionally good company.
I would bet anything ML wouldn’t have done the same.
But again this whole thing is about principles, doing what you say and not being hypocritical, something we lack nowadays

Back to some of the questions asked about the start of this post…….

My first finds pouch was a Carhardt nail pouch. Had a snap put on one side so good finds stayed in when bending down and had the hammer loop cut and snapped for my digging tool. This worked quite well until I figured out I was finding more trash than treasure and had to keep dumping trash at garbage cans. I moved on to a more traditional pouch designed for this sport but the nail pouch is still used about the property for other projects. I’m sure if one were to sit and look at it longer further modifications could be made to make it work better.