Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Best Classic T2 Advice Wanted!:crylol:

Thanks for the answer Jackpine. I've been wondering about that for awhile now. I don't know if you saw it yet, but I asked you what your favorite machine for these finds is (on the G2 forum).So far, in my research, it seems like the G2+ is the detector to get for those IH and wheattie finds.If you have any other suggestions or advice I would like to hear it, but it would probably be more appropriate on the G2 forum(?).

Never mind. I just read your answer on the other sticky. Thanks again.

As Tom says this applies to the T2 also ( Edited:Sorry no direction to other Metal Detecting forums allowed)
Just keep in mind the T2 has a larger iron range compared to the F75 so the disc.levels being referred to don't apply.
But the performance aspects are alike.

Thanks for the post and the links supertraq. You are right about the differences in discrimination between the T2 and the F70 or 75.
I guess we just need to use our best judgment after experimentation to figure out what number on the T2 equals the number on the Fishers ( maybe 21 on the T2 is close to 6 on the F75?).
Keep on beepin! HH

Clem

Sorry I haven't been adding anything lately. I've been training at a new job and it is taking up most of my free time also.:sleepy:

Well, after spending more time with the T2 Classic I have to update what I previously said about it being a generation older and not up to the newer Fisher/Tek machines in unmasking. I have been using 1+ mode with disc at 30. With those settings it is a dream to use in iron contaminated sites. The original T2 I used years ago gave good hits on iron in single tone mode which required a lot of double checking. Honestly, I do not remember the exact disc setting I was using, but the TID numbers read in the good range without the high bounces iron usually gives. The T2 Classic handles the iron very well, it's almost a non-issue, and non-ferrous targets simply jump out at you. All I have at present is the stock coil. Seeing what that can do in iron, putting on a smaller coil should place the T2 at the top for iron see-through. I don't know if changes were made from the original T2 that enhance the iron handling, but I won't argue with results.

Tom

Tom, notice and depth difference between your current Classic and your original one? Thanks, HH jim tn

Jim,

I only had the original for a month or so on loan from a friend on the forums and don't recall what the overall depth capability was. This one seems to sniff out stuff pretty deep in iron and I only have the stock coil at present. I didn't replace my test garden after landscaping the yard.

I forgot his handle on the forums, but the dealer in Germany that used to live in the states says it's deeper in his bad ground than the Omega and others.

Tom

Jim,

It's Andy NM. Here's a link

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?58,2238215,2238215#msg-2238215

larryk56 said:
What do you mean that the T2 has the ability to upgrade?

http://www.tekneticst2.com/upgrade.htm

Really the only downfall have with the T2 is bottle caps, but that is a DD coil issue more than a machine issue. I just do not like park hunting enough to get a "park" machine so use the T2 or my Tesoros. It works great at my old home sites though. The separation is not as good as my Tesoros (it is close), but it has much greater depth and the TID is fun to play with, guessing before I dig. If it is above iron I always beep and dig at old sites :). I have been using the large NEL Tornado coil lately to work the more open pastures and orchards around the 1800s sites I hunt. It is nice for covering ground and works ok in light trash.

I've had my T2 Classic for over a month now it's quite an upgrade from my Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505 & Legacy 3500 detectors. So far my favorite settings are sensitivity 80, discrimination 53 and tones 3 for coin shooting in parks and trashy areas, sensitivity 80, discrimination 5, tones 4 for hunting cleaner sites with the possibility of finding gold and older coins.

GA1dad said:
I've been swinging the T2 SE for a few months now. The one tip I would recommend is put the little 5 inch coil on and give it a test drive. I personally love it on old home sites!!!

I am also a new T2 Classic user.I received my detector in December and am still learning how to fine tune it. Love it so far. I highly recommend the 5"DD coil for working trashy sites.

I am about to send my classic out for an upgrade. I am mostly wondering how good the electrical interference shielding works and the differences in depth with boost mode. Anyone out there with real world experience with this? Thanks.

The nice thing about the 5" DD coil is the fact that because of its' small footprint (smaller area of detection ) it is also less affected by EMI and can run higher sensitivity settings than the big coils. And it will surprise you with its' ability to find the smallest objects that the larger coils miss at good depths.

The 5'' coil stays on my T2 i guess 95% of the time but always carry a complete large coil/shaft setup with me all the time so i can change over in seconds if the site is clear and i want additional depth on say pasture then my preferred large coils of choice are the SEF15x12 and the NEL Storm,both these larger coils not only give me the extra depth but still reasonably good on small cut hammered coins as well.

But on really trashy saxon/roman sites the the weapon of choice is the deadly 5'' coil,this coil has found me some stunning celtic gold staters and a George111 full guinea,depth usually with a small coil is not its best feature but the 5'' does punch deeper than what it should do.

I only have a original green T2 which is a 2006/7 vintage,its paid for itself many many times over and given me 1000s of hours of pure enjoyment using it,from switch on and detecting in a matter of seconds not like some machines that you are required too go through a long setting up procedure.