Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Best coil for the Excal in saltwater wading

I’m looking for an opinion on the best, in your opinion, coil for the Excalibur (original Excalibur, not Excalibur II). I had good success with a large SEF butterfly-appearing coil but the minelab repair shop said they detected a leak and I replaced it with a coil tek 15” which I thought was ok, not great. I decided to put a 10” Excalibur II coil on it and it performs well.

Feedback is welcomed!

I personally like the standard coil you start going bigger it’s more drag and harder to pin point in my opinion
if it’s the wet sand the bigger the better

I like the 10 inch Minelab coil. The newer tornado one is a thinner profile than the original coil the sword and blue tube versions came with and have the tornado coil on my sword and blue tube Excals. The tornado cuts though the water with a little less drag than the older version.

All I used on my Sword and 1000 was the WOT 15" coil. It (two coils) served me well for over 9 THOUSNAD hours.

I like the 10 inch Minelab coil. The newer tornado one is a thinner profile than the original coil the sword and blue tube versions came with and have the tornado coil on my sword and blue tube Excals. The tornado cuts though the water with a little less drag than the older version.
Always had good luck with the Tornado 10" go's deep and better in the water.

I personally like the standard coil you start going bigger it’s more drag and harder to pin point in my opinion
if it’s the wet sand the bigger the better
Old Beechnut who lives in the water uses the 13" Ultimate and has also put them on a lot of Excals for others too.