Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Best Coil for the MXT Pro

drmar

What is the Best Coil for the MXT Pro?
The large 12" one that is arrived with can be chatty in trash areas. I am getting better results (enjoyable hunt) in Relic Mode one tone. Suggestions, what are you using and how to you set-up your MXT to hunt jewelry/coin

You can't beat the 6X10 DD. That's my main coil when I hunt for jewelry and clad quarters.

I like the 6X10 and use it mostly also. Another good choice is the 5.3 concentric. Both of these coils handle trashy areas quite well and have decent depth. I find that I use the 9.5 and/or the 12" mostly in larger, trash light areas.
BB

I have read that the 12" coil does not detect small targets very well. Its designed for larger relic items like buckles. I have a 12" coil but I don't use it enough to give a review on it. I stick with the 9.5 unless I get in alot of trash or targets are too close together, then I switch to the 5.3 coil. Those are the 3 coils I have. Its easy to think bigger is better but thats not true, you need to match the coil to the purpose its used for. I feel slightly silly with the 5.3 coil equipt but just think of all the other guys missing good targets in trashy areas.

Hello drmar im fairly new too the Mxt but for me i use the 10x12 excellerator coil for fields and woods it is tops when it comes too Depth you dont miss a thing but as far as trashy areas, go with a smaller coil it will be more sensative too gold items and thay detect fairly deep 6 too 8 inches and have better trash seperation do too a smaller foot print if i were you i would stick with the double D Type but thats my own opinion and thay work better for me. sas

Hi drmar,take a close look at the sef 8x6 butterfly coil.This coil is lightweight,good in the trash and very deep.It is also very sensitive to small items.

Choices >>> only because I do not want to pay extra to bring it to Canada I am ordering the 6X10 DD whites
Eclipse DD (6x10) Search Coil for Spectra V3, DFX

The 12" 300 coil detects very small items. At least on mine it does. I thing the stock 12" 300 is a good coil to use

The 10"DD is my #1 coil for relics and deep targets.

drmar,
I think you made a great choice.
I have all of the Whites coils and try to use them when the conditions are right, but I keep going back to the 6X10 as the all around coil.
It's on my MXT Pro most all of the time.

HH

I'm in total agreement with HuntinDog. For a general, all around coil that has good coverage and reasonable depth as well as handling trash pretty well the 6X10 is a good choice.
BB