Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Best deep find silver coil???

coin pirate

What's the consensus for the best deep find coil, silver, not too concerned with trash. I've heard some say the stock coil pro 11" DD, some say the 13" E-trac coil, and this one seems to have a lot of loyal follows to the point they'd rather loose their pickup truck, wife, and favorite hunting dog before changing it out--> SEF 12 x 10 DD pic below
2020-03-03_084649.jpg

What's your experience?
Thanks

Back in this forum's archives a couple of years ago, I commented how impressed I was with the detech ultimate 13 in depth., though heavier than the 11in pro stock coil. I found the target id off a digit with all targets when comparing coins found with the 11in pro stock coil. Since Safari was my first FBS detector about 10 years ago, and due to the learning curve and countless practice digging all kinds of targets the tid's from the stock 11' pro coil were somewhat "burned" into my memory. Button line is the ultimate 13" is a great coil for depth but is on the sidelines as my Nox 800 is getting all the fun nowadays....HH

My safari has been on the sidelines since I got the Nox 800. The Safari is a great machine , but I like the weight and balance of the Nox much better.

The SEF 10X12 is a good coil.----It doesn't give quite the depth of the 11" stock coil (but is close).----It does give a little better target separation.-----The 13" Ultimate is about 1 to 1 1/2 inches deeper than the 11" stock coil.----As mentioned, the Ultimate is a little heavier than the stock.---"Pick your poison"!

My Safari arrived today, so I'll be giving the stock 11" pro coil some love for a while and go from there, thanks guys.