Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Best detecting day in a while - by accident !!

drkp88

I was on my way to detect another house which I was given permission to detect a few weeks ago (haven't been able to get to it yet re the other 1700's demo house I went to last week ("Visions of capped silver" post). By chance I took a different exit off the highway for a change of view and stumbled on a house that was boarded up and ALL the sod had been skimmed away from the area surrounding the house. What an opportunity !! I talked to the neighbor who knew the contractor - he gave me the go ahead.
It started slow, then I found a half reale. Long story short, most targets I dug were OLD (only a few modern coins turned up).
I haven't had time to clean anything yet so I haven't even identified everything. Photos are of items in "as found" state til I find time to clean them.
I wound up with a half reale, 4 coppers, 7 IHs, 2 tokens (CW IH & a store), 16 buttons, and misc artifacts incl. two pocket watches.
(I'll post again after cleaning).
It was a blast and I'm getting back next week. There is also a pretty big grassed lot behind the house which is bordered by a side street.
Bruce

What a fantastic bunch of finds - congrats ! :clapping: