Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Best find from old amusement park

rjfjedi

Been hunting an old amuesment park that was in service from 1906-1914. Now it is a rock quarry with most of the land still untouched. I have been there 3 times and not for that long of time. 5 Indians 1908,1907,1903,1902 and 1898. 1900 Barber half. the other person I was with got a 1858 flying eagle cent, and a 1885 foreign coin.

11-21-12Barber1.jpg

11-21-12Barber1b.jpg

Wow, that's exciting stuff - congratulations on those oldies - sounds like a GREAT place! Is it very overgrown or clear?

Certain parts are very over grown with sticker bushes mostly, and some are clear open wooded areas. I am just very excited to try and see what is still there. I have talked to the great Dick Stout and he hunted this park in the 80's and has pulled hundreds of silver out of there, he says that he barely covered any of the park due to not having maps of areial photos like we have now. So there might be some great items still left behind.

Super Nice Half Buck man!!! There's no telling what you will pull from that site...very good find.

Whoa...

Super sweet great condition WTG. Congrats

Thanks guys!!!

Forgot to mention that the coin was on edge. Perfectly straight up and down. The reading was 12-44 with a slight jumpyness both ways.

WOW. I am so jealous. Congrats though.

Rod