Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

best find with a trashy signal?

Buffalo Nickels. Man when you have trash in the hole they can sound so weird. This is a good thing, because it causes you to dig out of curiosity. I've had them read like 10-24 (which is usually a rusted steel bottle cap at times). The V's, so far have sounded more like the Jeff's. But Buffalos are a whole different deal, for some reason, their contour or something, can, at times make them sound very different. Odd thing is, yesterday, I had 2 buff's in the same hole about 3 inches down and 3 inches apart give me a solid 12/13 - 12/14 every which way. Go figure. Get one with trash, dig it out of curiosity....get 2 in the same hole and screams NICKEL all the way!!!

NebTrac

I have my etrac a few weeks and have found many coins. But not one nickel - all pennies dimes and quarters - I like many am passing over these signals.

This was an 1853 with arrows half dime I found last month.

Tone was good from one angle and super tight wiggle. Numbers were centered around 23:38, but ferrous ranged from 14 to 28. Appeared to be surrounded by iron, as it nulled from three directions. It just gave me a good signal from one direction AND I had to tilt the coil because it was a grassy clump/knoll. I was expecting an Indian head cent with some nails.

The coin was sitting straight up and down when I removed the grassy plug. My coil tilt was hitting the face of the coin from one side. The other side - my probe found a small cut nail about 2 inches behind it at the same depth (about 7 inches).

Now I understood why the signal was one way.

HH

I thought it might be a CW bullet or deep wheaty before digging and sure am glad I was wrong! This was at a very hammered court house and I found a shield nickel as well.The E-Trac just keeps sniffing the good stuff out of the trash:surprised:

onemore said:
This was an 1853 with arrows half dime I found last month.

Tone was good from one angle and super tight wiggle. Numbers were centered around 23:38, but ferrous ranged from 14 to 28. Appeared to be surrounded by iron, as it nulled from three directions. It just gave me a good signal from one direction AND I had to tilt the coil because it was a grassy clump/knoll. I was expecting an Indian head cent with some nails.

The coin was sitting straight up and down when I removed the grassy plug. My coil tilt was hitting the face of the coin from one side. The other side - my probe found a small cut nail about 2 inches behind it at the same depth (about 7 inches).

Now I understood why the signal was one way.

HH

You are EXTREME. :yikes: what does "with arrows" mean? Have a pic?

"with arrows" = the mint changed the coin during 1853 and they placed little arrows next to the date to signify the change, because some were minted for 1853 prior to the change without arrows. I think it was the coin's weight that changed.