Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Best gold beach detector?

A Sovereign or Excall not even close on the small gold...
I have to agree about the small gold......i used to have a bh300 that was better overall than the gt and excal on smaller items but as a general purpose detector for land and beach the sov was a great machine.Time marches on though and the latest machines are ramping up performance wise.

CIMG0608.jpg
CIMG0639.jpg

Ive swung some oldies, CZ-21 too

I have to agree about the small gold......i used to have a bh300 that was better overall than the gt and excal on smaller items but as a general purpose detector for land and beach the sov was a great machine.Time marches on though and the latest machines are ramping up performance wise.
Took many years to catch up.
Wish Minelab would bring back the GT.
Faster stronger and lighter.

Not really an expert but did have a fair share of detectors and alot of research when i first started
Can’t speak of the new ones as i am actually looking for a new entry level one to get started again but sovereign gt and tesoro was excellent on land and im sure would have dine fine on beach but i had an excalliber II for beach in and out of water other then the weight i was very pleased.
Im not so sure these new ones can be a whole lot better then an excal on the beach but i could be wrong
I lnow it will find small gold in beach sand
Its been a true tried and tested machine for years, I don’t think you will find many bashing the excalliber

The Sovereign is basically the same as the excalibur without the waterproof housing........so it matches the excalibur on the beach and with a big coil will get more depth.I recently purchased one and put a nel thunder coil on it which gives it great coverage and depth.I don't need any of the newer machines as my Sov will still keep up with anything on the market.As for the Excalibur,the reason Minelab still makes it after all this time speaks for itself,its still a top beach machine that will pull rings from great depths.

The Sovereign is basically the same as the excalibur without the waterproof housing........so it matches the excalibur on the beach and with a big coil will get more depth.I recently purchased one and put a nel thunder coil on it which gives it great coverage and depth.I don't need any of the newer machines as my Sov will still keep up with anything on the market.As for the Excalibur,the reason Minelab still makes it after all this time speaks for itself,its still a top beach machine that will pull rings from great depths.
I loved my sovereign probably my favorite. it was just way to big and heavy for my stature I guess you could say. And in the 100+ degrees temps for few months of the year we have here it was just not enjoyable to swing for any length if time
If its more work then pleasure its not the right one.

A Sovereign or Excall not even close on the small gold...
That's why I picked up the Sharp 3×6 coil.
Though due to tearing both shoulders this spring.
Haven't had the chance to try it on the beach.
Though my Mojave does quite well on the tiny stuff. Especially with the little 5.75 coil on it.