Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Best Head Phones For Tesoro Detectors

I have researched this subject and gotten all sorts of answers, but I thought I would start a thread asking what phones Tesoro users find to be the best.

So, what phones are you using and which do you prefer and why? I use a Cibola and a Vaquero (when I'm not in the water with my Tiger Shark) I have a cheap set of Calrads and was thinking of investing in some better phones. I was leaning towards Killer Bees, but just wanted to get some feedback from others.

Thanks.

Rats on a Golden.

Grey Ghost Ultimates with a Cibola and a Deleon. like them alot.

I like Gray Ghost "nugget busters" or the originals. Much crisper, cleaner response than the cheaper phones I've used.
BB

mattw said:
Rats on a Golden.

I agree with the Rats if you can find them one of the best built using quality components.
I have also used the Jimmy Sierra's Maxiphone II. Not sure but, think they are made for him by Detectorpro.

I use the Killer B Stingers on my DeLeon and the Cibola when I owned one. Great phones!

My favorite is the SunRay Pro Gold
After trying a handful of others, I kept going back to the Pro Gold headphones, so now I stick to them. The others became my back-up and loaners.

Yes the man that makes the Rats just made a batch of them i had been waiting for a pair for a few months and finally got them about a week ago from Ron at Windy City metal detectors he was a pleasure doing business with .I have been using them now for a week and so far very nice and very good quality...Markmac

pamlicopanther said:
Are the Rats still being made?

He has some out now called the Ratphones CP (Classic Plus).

When I corresponded with Rick shortly after he closed down his company and stopped making the RAT Blue MSAs, he said the cost of making the phones had become prohibitive.

I had to send my MSAs in twice for repair at $20 a pop plus another $5 to ship them in each time, but I didn't begrudge him that at all and was glad he was willing to do it rather than just saying sorry the company is out of business. Plus he threw in an extra cord. It's been around 6 months since I last sent them in and they're still working fine. I'm hard on headphones too. I like to be aware of my surroundings, so I always remove at least one cup when I retrieve.

As far as sound quality, I like the RAT MSAs better than the other premium phones I've used. They're plenty loud for me, but not as loud as some others. I've noticed some people with hearing loss say the RATS aren't loud enough for them.

His headphones have quite a following, I'm guessing after a better part of a year there were enough people wanting new RATS to make it worthwhile for him to make a limited run that would sell out pretty quickly and be worth it financially for him. Wouldn't be surprised if he had some leftover components around from before to further keep his costs down.

His website says two pairs left.