Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Best looking seated dime I've found!

The last week has bee very good at the spot I have been detection for a while. Found a nice looking 1899 Barber Quarter last Friday, 1898 Barber dime on Monday and today found this sweet looking 1891 Seated dime. Best looking on I have ever dug. Lots of great detail! The picture makes the very light scratches look worse than they really are. hard to see with the naked eye. I'm happy! Was using the X70 with the 9inch 3kHz CC. Sens set at 26 in tracking and using the preset pattern 1 with 48 active.I'll dedicate this find to Old Longhair for his never ending counseling on swinging slow!!!! Its really paying off!!!!! HH All

Emmett:usaflag:

Really nice!

Nice dime!

Very nice!

I found this 1877 seated but have been afraid to clean it. It has a gray film like it had been in water at one time. How did you clean yours?

11_9_2015_1877_dime.jpg

Emmett congratulations you found yourself a beauty! Get ready for the big (you know what ) snowstorm that is coming. Sorry, didn't mean to burst your bubble and ruin your silver streak. :)

What a beauty - congrats !

WoodsWalker, congratulations on your beautiful Liberty Seated Dime! I've only dug 1 Seated Dime and it's got a hole in it! hahah Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Yes, what a bummer Earthlypotluck! The snow definitely put me back into cabin fever mode! Can't wait to get back out there. Southwind, I never clean my silver. I just run them under the faucet with cold water and use an old baby hair brush that has super soft bristles so there is no chance of scratching the coin anymore than it has gotten by being in the ground. I never want to use a solvent to clean the coin as to not take off whatever natural patina it has. Your coin does look really toned. I have never found a silver coin that looked that dark. Thanks to all for your nice comments. Love to see all of your finds too! HH ALL

Emmett:usaflag:

Southwind said:
Very nice!

I found this 1877 seated but have been afraid to clean it. It has a gray film like it had been in water at one time. How did you clean yours?

11_9_2015_1877_dime.jpg

I do the Baking Soda and Aluminum Foil bath on all my silver, maybe 3-4 times, then use a pencil eraser and very softly buff it Polishes to a great luster!!! I lay the coin on my hand so I can't rub it too hard, it will move if you push too hard.