Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Best Manticore mode for silver coins

Capreo

There still doesnt seem to be a lot of info out there for the best programs for getting silver with the Manticore. I've used the machine a few times now and not having the luck I had the with CTX I've used for many years, in determining good or bad targets . Whats the thought on General terrain vs. low conducter vs. high conducter, for going after Silver. Any other tips or tricks that might help this Manticore newbie would be appreciated. And I did load the update and seems to make deep targets sound thinner. Not sure if thats good or bad .

There still doesnt seem to be a lot of info out there for the best programs for getting silver with the Manticore. I've used the machine a few times now and not having the luck I had the with CTX I've used for many years, in determining good or bad targets . Whats the thought on General terrain vs. low conducter vs. high conducter, for going after Silver. Any other tips or tricks that might help this Manticore newbie would be appreciated. And I did load the update and seems to make deep targets sound thinner. Not sure if thats good or bad .
It’s gonna be tough to beat the ctx or the etrac when it comes to silver.But i think once you get enough time on the manticore you will learn it’s nuances

I actually find it kind of sad in a way that with all the advancements in technology with most electronics, in 13 years time since the ctx was introduced, Minelab couldn't come up with a detecter better than the e-trac or ctx for silver. As good and ahead of its time as the ctx was, you'd think they would have come up with some detector today that is ahead of its time and would blow the CTX and e-trac away at this point.
Maybe a ctx replacement is around the corner. Who knows but hoping

I actually find it kind of sad in a way that with all the advancements in technology with most electronics, in 13 years time since the ctx was introduced, Minelab couldn't come up with a detecter better than the e-trac or ctx for silver. As good and ahead of its time as the ctx was, you'd think they would have come up with some detector today that is ahead of its time and would blow the CTX and e-trac away at this point.
Maybe a ctx replacement is around the corner. Who knows but hoping
At least one light enough for us old farts to swing.

If your just trying to dig silvers they have been heavily cherry picked maybe that's why there not coming up as often
Yep I find silver thats very deep with my Manticore going slowly and if there's a lot of trash up the recovery speed
and dig any good one way signal.
Mark

Yes those one way signals are a big thing on the manticore as I’m finding out! I’ve been running all metal while trying to learn the machine. Seems like understanding the crappy tones and muddied target trace may hold some magic…

I have not been digging one way signals. With the ctx 95 percent of the time a one way was junk, are people not finding this true of the manticore? Are one ways a target to consider?