Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Best of August

Scortch

I want to share some of the better finds from August. The Barber half and the Chinese coins came from an old mining town in central Idaho. The Louie XVI 1784 Sen I found at a construction site in downtown Boise. I know, weird right. Someone lost this coin 100 years after it was minted and I dug it up 100 or so years after it was lost. My lucky day. The mining town has yielded a lot of trinkets, buttons, buckles and this nice brooch. It is gold and silver plated but has fine craftsmanship. I have a couple more interesting finds but I have reached the max attachments so I'll save them for Septembers post. Thanks for letting me share.
Nathan
Boise, ID

You had a great month by anyone's standards, congratulations.

Congratulations, I hope some day to hunt a mining town.

Good month! I hunted that area of Idaho in the late 70's and 80's..... it was unreal. Spent a month detecting towns from Lewiston, over the divide and on down to Boise,Payette and Ontario. Good memories and diverse finds like yours. Good luck on more interesting finds!

Most excellent finds, and a nice variety. It's so nice to see.. and you definitely had a great month.

Very nice finds you have there.

I do hunt with new people, however I live in ID.