Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Best # of Tones

Charlives said:
Anyone figure out if 2,5 or 50 tones gives the most target info for depth and size?

50 should give the most nuance but I find that I like the 5 tone and setting up the 5 'bins' as I like (this is for my trashy parks).

I'll also play with the 2 tone since I've been using a G2 and G2+ for years....

Most will probably use 2 or 5. I have a Safari with 50 tones. Some love it others hate it. It almost
has a musical instrument sound. Me & my squaw learned it fast & could call out what it usually was
20 ft away. Pretty much can detect with sound only. Just look down for your pinpoint spot & depth.
If I do get the EQ 800 I will probably use 5 & cut it into segments. The good, the bad & the ugly.....
HH
Tom
LFOD !

For me 50 tones is too much to process. I like using 5 tones.

w

If you run 5 tone you can adjust the tone and the break to make it what you want. You can make it a 5, 4 , 3 , 2 tone machine with these adjustments. I like the adjustability.
In my test garden the other night when I ran in the 2 tone mode it seemed like I was getting a deeper coin cleaner though. I need to go back and do more testing on that.

Thanks everyone! Horikindaguy, I've also used Teknetics for years. The 2+ tones on the Teknetics T2 gives superbly subtle info on depth, and size.
Why do you use the 5 tone if the 50 is most nuanced? Also, when I've tried 2 tones on the Equinox it doesn't give ANY info on depth and size....it sounds like the Garrett ACE series bell tones....from 1in down to 6in the equinox in 2 tones sounds exactly the same...maybe it gets softer after 7in or so...but the T2 (2+ tones) changes at all depth levels. Thanks for your contributions!!!