Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Best sand scoop???

Its long overdue but I am treating myself to a new sand scoop for Christmas. There are so many variables. What's your favorite and why? Thanks.....Noah

Depends; type of sand, your hunting style(dry, wet, scuba), your physical ability, etc. There are several that I think are top tier, but fwiw I use a Sunspot Stealth. No one has a warranty (even on competing brands!) better than Sunspot.

I am currently using a Sunspot Stealth 920IX and I think it's the ultimate scoop if you're strong enough to lift that heavy a load of sand. The quality of construction and material is the ultimate and I love the wood handle that comes with it. I also have the Diamond scoop, which is awesome if your dealing with rocks or very hard bottom. It digs in like a knife and is virtually indestructible.

Here's mine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY0hgdwcD9A

Edit: Ooops, I mean to put that under electric-front-porch original op. Oh well :)

My Best ( 2 ) Beach Companions )

Merrill Sandals

MerrillSandal2.jpg

Babbs Scoop with a Stainless Steel Tip

Coins Find ( 1 Day ) October 4 2016

to answer more fully....
more info is needed.

you hunting in the dry zone......damp....waters edge....water.......where will you hunt 90% of the time.....what make and model detector are you using?

what is make up of your beach?

merry christmas

Mostly nice fine Florida sand. Freshwater lakes and rivers is my main plan. Just was curious as to which makes people found sturdy and well made. Thanks.....Noah

If you think you will damage it, Sunspot is the way to go. Again, read their warranty- never seen one like it.

Any good quality scoop will do,there is no such thing as "the best scoop".
A scoop is a scoop is a scoop.

I am pretty happy with my T-Rex, but I do suffer Stealth envy on occasion...:detecting: