Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

best settings for iron infested beach

stitchlips

While my CTX is in the shop I have been hunting a beach that is loaded with iron. Every inch there is an iron target and some of them are huge. I have managed to pick up a few small silver targets from all the iron with the good old excal, but it is really tough.

What settings on the ctx would help me pull more good targets out of all the iron on this beach?
Thanks!

Beaches are typically low in magnetic mineralization. The Separation mode designed for both low mineralization and sorting out coins from iron would be the FE/Coin mode. FE/Coin uses advanced signal processing that minimizes the blending of ferrous and conductive targets, allowing for better TID on both targets by displaying both cursers on the screen. Target Trace will also help sort out the targets by allowing the image of each to remain on the screen for a longer period of time. When the cursers of a coin and one of those pieces of iron are both displayed on the screen, you should see both targets, but the TID will typically be for the coin. If you implement FAST ON, your CTX will react more quickly to individual targets. However, FAST ON can also cause the TID of multiple targets to be blended together, giving you a TID that would not be necessarily associated to either target, if they were detected separately. If the iron is so close together that you need to implement Fast ON to separate targets, then by all means use it. However, if you can operate effectively with FAST OFF, you will get a more accurate TID on the coins. Use minimal discrimination and sweep slow.

After hunting a specific area with the above settings, I'd switch over to High Trash separation and set up your discrimination Pattern to reject the iron. Signal processing in High Trash Separation will allow you to identify weak accepted target signals amongst rejected targets, even when the rejected targets are larger and produce a stronger signal. Note that your TID on accepted targets will be less stable when using High Trash, compared to low trash or FE/Coin. But you can get by with a faster sweep speed using High Trash. JMHO HH Randy