Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Best tick protection

Terry in PA

Since the temps are warming up those little blood suckers are going to be out. Here in PA they have been very bad the last few years.
What do you guys use ?

I dont know, its either them or deerflies or skeeters or fire ants, or cops and kids and mean old wimmin! My brother got lyme disease from a tick, and he said "buddy you dont want this"..if you do find a tick on you, and there is a red welt looking area around it, you are supposed to take the tick and put it in a plastic bag and send it in to be tested, do not kill or otherwise put alcohol or somesuch on it, just carefully scrape/pull it off so it dont puke those damned little parasites into you if you can..ticks carry Babesia too, which is different than Lyme disease, either of which you dont want...so I guess lather up with DEET, put a couple of dog tick and flea collars around your ankles and have a Merry Christmas. I plan on being neck deep in the water with the Pro anyway, so then its just leeches and that kind of thing to pull off. Saying this, I am a tick magnet..have had as many as 13 of them pulled off of me at one time just crossing through a grass field, so if you let me lead the way, you should be good..
Mud

REPEL makes a spray for clothing only. Powerful stuff. Tuck your pants into your socks. Wear light colors so you can quickly see any ticks crawling on you. As mentioned, a product containing DEET works well on the skin. Also consider a bug-netting suit (top and/or bottoms and/or head cover). I like the sound of the dog flea/bug collars around the ankles- I may try that myself. HH. Matt

repellents with Permethrin give the best protection.. this is for clothing only...not the skin. I buy Sawyers brand.. You can get it in 24 oz pump spray bottle.. Ebay or Amazon should have it. I also Turkey hunt and have never had a tick on me using repellents with Permethrin. I usually spray and let my clothes dry outdoors because of the odor when wet. Also not this can be deadly to cats so if you own cats you probably should stick with deet based repellents..