Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Best way to make MXT300 into a wireless setup?

NilesWright

Gear I have: MXT 300 with DX-1 probe, 12" coil (came with detector), SunRayProGolds. I am wanting to go wireless as simply as possible. I have heard maybe a TaoTronics tans/rec box with MPOW wireless headphones are the answer. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

1616849614612.png

TaoTronics Bluetooth Adapter Audio 5.0 Transmitter (low latency)​

Mpow H7 Bluetooth over Ear Headphones​

That is what I used first on my White's detectors (MXT, DFX). But for more comfort on the ears I decided to get a pair of

Panasonic RP-HTX80BE-K Bluetooth Kopfhörer (Kopfhörer Retro, 24 h Akkulaufzeit, Over-Ear, Quick-Charge, Sprachsteuerung) s...

Panasonic RP-HTX80B​

The Mpow phones will talk to you but the Panasonic give me more comfort while wearing. Both have a great sound.
Only with my VX3 I use the SpectraSound Wireless Headphones.

Last edited:

View attachment 13955

That is what I used first on my White's detectors (MXT, DFX). But for more comfort on the ears I decided to get a pair of

Panasonic RP-HTX80BE-K Bluetooth Kopfhörer (Kopfhörer Retro, 24 h Akkulaufzeit, Over-Ear, Quick-Charge, Sprachsteuerung) s...

Panasonic RP-HTX80B​

The Mpow phones will talk to you but the Panasonic give me more comfort while wearing. Both have a great sound.
Thanks so much! Happy Hunting!

View attachment 13955

Panasonic RP-HTX80B​

Vito, that was some good info. Do you know if this same set up would work on a Whites MXT Pro?

Hello Confetrit.
Yes, this set up will work on the MXT Pro, too. Think it will do the job on all White's detectors.
On some (may be all) minelabs it will not work as they have a different headphone-jack pin-assignment.

In the .pdf file below the author has some headphone pinout drawings of different brands. So may be this is helpful.

Attachments

• Headphone_Build_revised.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 363
This transmitter needs to be charged? Didn't see any kind of charger mentioned. I'd like to use this setup on my Whites XLT.

Hello Dave.
The USB-cord comes with the transmitter. So you can use different options for charging: power bank, usb car charger, computer usb-port, usb wall charger etc. And the headphones also come with the USB-cord.

Hello Dave.
The USB-cord comes with the transmitter. So you can use different options for charging: power bank, usb car charger, computer usb-port, usb wall charger etc. And the headphones also come with the USB-cord.
Great, Thanks for the info. I don't know if you can answer this, I use Nugget Busters corded headphones now. If you have switched from corded to wireless, what differences have you noticed.

First of all I felt more freedom not to be dangled to the detector. The sound is great and compared to the SpectraVision I think I don't miss anything soundwise. The corded ones, I used the Jolly Rogers, seemed to be a tad louder, but I can adjust the volume at the BT-phones and at the detector, except at the MXT. But I really won't miss this setup in the field anymore. AND... I can use the phones for music via the cell phone.
Another thing is, I can use my wireless BT speaker in the field when it is useful to listen to a risky environment.

Gear I have: MXT 300 with DX-1 probe, 12" coil (came with detector), SunRayProGolds. I am wanting to go wireless as simply as possible. I have heard maybe a TaoTronics tans/rec box with MPOW wireless headphones are the answer. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!
The best way, right here. Originally made by Deteknix, now Quest, made specifically for metal detectors. Great headphones I've been using for a few years now on a couple of my detectors. Charge lasts for a full day of detecting with no target response delay.

Attachments

• 20210330_064340.jpg
    20210330_064340.jpg
    486 KB · Views: 169
Garrett Z Link will work on 98% of detectors out there !
That was the idea I had first in mind, Tony. When I asked for compatibility the set up mentioned by the OP...
...I got advice for as a great combo on a budget.
And sure it is. Works very well to me with no delay. It really is as with corded headphones. Otherwise I had used the Z-Lynk, too.
I think you'll be good with every low latency BlueTooth device with continuous streaming as the Garrett and the Quest are also BlueTooth.
But... one advantage of the Garrett is, you can link a Z-Lynk pointer to your system. Something to think about...👍

I too use TaoTronics TT-BA08 2-in-1 Adaptor and TROND Model BT-DUO 2-in-1. They are both the new (Bluetooth chip set) version 5.0. Very, very nice adaptors! I run them on all my White's detectors (XL Pro and V3i) and Nokta Impact with no problems. Just make sure that you put the switch to TX if you're running any type of HP's or EB's. In my environment, I live in the desert SW where it's HOT and I sweat too much with HP's. I was using a wired pair of wrap around earbuds from Radio Shack and wore my big wide brimmed hat for years. I purchased two new Wireless Bluetooth earbuds: JLAB Epic Sport 2 Wireless and JVC Sport, model HA-EC25WB, both with wrap around the ear for added security, plus a small clip to attach to your shirt… Just don't want to lose them in the field.

The nice feature that the JLABs and JVCs have is a volume control attached (wired) to the earbuds. I found that was beneficial to me because the XL Pro didn't have a volume knob on the older detector. I was always using my big bulky HP with separate volume controls. Don't get me wrong, I really like HP's, but the convivence of eliminating the wire and the size and comfort are a BIG PLUS!!

One last thing, if you take your cell phone with you as many do, make sure to keep it far away or turned off when pairing the earbuds to the adaptor. I had a incident one time in the field where I was trying to pair EB to the Adaptor and it wasn't connecting right... Tried several times, but no go. I thought it was the battery not full charged and then kept looking around for transformers/cell towers for EMI. HA, then I remembered that I carried my cell phone in my pouch. Sure enough, the adaptor was pairing to my cell phone... Quick fix, just turned off my phone.

Good Luck in your search and purchase, TC-NM
p.s., Good job Vito (y)

Hello TC-NM. Thank you for the flowers. When I read your post it came to mind that I use my bluetooth speaker when it is hot. Very easy to mount at the harness shoulder strap right below the ear, and it also has volume control.

1618423299710.png