Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Best Wired Full Ear Headphones for the Equinox?

CPT_GhostLight

I've been trying to sift through all the wired full ear covering headphones for the Equinox to find which would be best quality and best sounding phones to wire directly to the control unit or the WM08 wireless module. What are your favorite full size wired headhones fir the Equinox?

Tony Eisenhower has great reviews on his headphones ,watch his YouTube vids , they fit tight ,waterproof headphones ..I’ve bout the pirate headphones waterproof and the sound is much better than grey ghost or Minelab’s , .I’ve also bought Ls Pelso headphones their great to and waterproof sound quality is really good .

Tony Eisenhower has great reviews on his headphones ,watch his YouTube vids , they fit tight ,waterproof headphones ..I’ve bout the pirate headphones waterproof and the sound is much better than grey ghost or Minelab’s , .I’ve also bought Ls Pelso headphones their great to and waterproof sound quality is really good .
There is a pretty steep price on these (Tony Eisenhower) headphones. I hope they live up to their price tag. Hope more people chime in on their performance.

Sunray pro golds for me, coupled with the Minelabs eighth to quarter inch adaptor.
HH Jeff

Sunray pro golds for me, coupled with the Minelabs eighth to quarter inch adaptor.
HH Jeff
I was under the impression even with the adapter the Sunray Pro Gold headphones wouldn’t correctly report the audio? Do you have the “regular” set or the model use for the CTX ? I look forward to you response.

I really like my Killer B's. They have good tone separation and are comfortable and solid.

I can report that my Sunray Pro Gold's (not specifically for Minelab); used with the Minelab 1/8" to 1/4 inch adaptor, do not respond with adequate volume. Since there is barely negligible volume I cannot tell if the harmonics is even there in the sounds. I struggle to hear enough sound to offset external noise factors, etc. DANG!

Get the ones compatible for the Minelab if your going to use them on a minelab! You will get plenty of volume LOL The new ones have locking toggle switches a real plus. When properly set up they will work in the module and the back of the machine.
HH Jeff

I can report that my Sunray Pro Gold's (not specifically for Minelab); used with the Minelab 1/8" to 1/4 inch adaptor, do not respond with adequate volume. Since there is barely negligible volume I cannot tell if the harmonics is even there in the sounds. I struggle to hear enough sound to offset external noise factors, etc. DANG!
Several thoughts here assuming they work on other detectors
Are you using them in conjunction with the module? they won't work without it.
Have you tried all the options with the switches?

Get the ones compatible for the Minelab if your going to use them on a minelab! You will get plenty of volume LOL The new ones have locking toggle switches a real plus. When properly set up they will work in the module and the back of the machine.
HH Jeff
So the sun ray pro gold that were designed for the CTX are the ones to purchase for the equinox?

Several thoughts here assuming they work on other detectors
Are you using them in conjunction with the module? they won't work without it.
Have you tried all the options with the switches?
Yes and Yes
With my Tesoro Bandido 2 uMax I can blow my ears off my head with the volume, but not doodle-shit for volume with the module.
And I did try the limiter switch both ways, and the compatibility switch both ways too.
The only way I can get any sound at all (minimal, very very minimal) is with both volume knobs maxed out.

Maybe I am just losing too much hearing.
I will try them again with the module; perhaps in a quieter part of town.

thanks

I really like my Killer B's. They have good tone separation and are comfortable and solid.
They are the deal! Interesting conversation with the builder of the sunray/killer bee's all the internal components come out of the same box just different housings.
Yes and Yes
With my Tesoro Bandido 2 uMax I can blow my ears off my head with the volume, but not doodle-shit for volume with the module.
And I did try the limiter switch both ways, and the compatibility switch both ways too.
The only way I can get any sound at all (minimal, very very minimal) is with both volume knobs maxed out.

Maybe I am just losing too much hearing.
I will try them again with the module; perhaps in a quieter part of town.

thanks
Minimal sound won't do. I wish they didn't change but that's how it goes everything changes.

I use Treasure Wise 1/4" Angled Plug Metal Detector Headphones that I got off ebay. $25.

No complaints.

I tried the Killer B’s, Sunray Pro Golds, and Gray Ghost head phone that I purchased long before the ETrac and CTX came out.
None off them will work with the Minelab adaptor chord.
Not sure if any of them will function with the module.
I have some Garrett MS-2 headphones that do work with the Minelab chord and along with the wireless Minelab headphones, that is what I use.

I've got the Tony Eisenhower headphones. I've had a lot of others......the Eisenhower headphones are the ones I chose to stay with.
Comfortable....great sound and good sound insulation. That and being waterproof with excellent build quality. Going to set up my Excalibur to use the Eisenhower headphones. Yes, they are a bit pricey....but you get what you pay for. For me, they work the best. YMMV.

I use Treasure Wise 1/4" Angled Plug Metal Detector Headphones that I got off ebay. $25.

No complaints.
They are comfortable and build is tough but the tone separation is just not there. For a coin hunter, hearing deep target high tones clearly in the mid and low tone chatter of trash is essential.