Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

*-*-*-Bestest, Deepest Settings for T2 Plus???-*-*-*

Tony N (Michigan)

[size=x-large]Hi folks,
I have a T2+ on the way and need to know what your best settings are for deepest coin hits.

I've heard searching in all metal is great. Your thoughts on that?

Some hunt 2,3,4 Tone and some swear Tone does not make a difference on depth.

I realize everyone has different soil types but and what may work great in your area may not be as good in mine.

Any help is very appreciated!
Are there any classes on this detector on line for all the different settings?
[/size]
Tony

The fields I hunt are loaded with old square and rose head nails, including other massive amounts of old farm junk. I just pulled a nice (very nice) V.M.I. coat button with the T2+. I was using 90 gain(sens), 10 disc. ( sometimes as high as 40), and bP tone. bP seems to boost the signal a little. Still trying out settins.

woody said:
The fields I hunt are loaded with old square and rose head nails, including other massive amounts of old farm junk. I just pulled a nice (very nice) V.M.I. coat button with the T2+. I was using 90 gain(sens), 10 disc. ( sometimes as high as 40), and bP tone. bP seems to boost the signal a little. Still trying out settins.

Thank you woody for the tip. I will try your settings when it gets here. Thousands of old square cut nails on this old farm.

Don't know when my T2 will arrive. I ordered on Monday and have not received an email it has shipped yet.

Some say that tones make a difference on depth but I'm not sure. One thing I know is if you hunt below 40 on disc. you need to use at least 2 tones so you can tell the iron without having to always watch the screen. I like 3 tones so I know when its in the high coin range.

chuck said:
Some say that tones make a difference on depth but I'm not sure. One thing I know is if you hunt below 40 on disc. you need to use at least 2 tones so you can tell the iron without having to always watch the screen. I like 3 tones so I know when its in the high coin range.

That makes sense about hunting below 40 with at least 2 tones.
That's what I hated about my old MXT in coin mode. I constantly had to look at the meter. But in Relic mode it had 2 tones so I always did the Relic mode.

Tony, good luck on your new T2+. Hope yours works as good as mine. After using a few of the older T2's, the + really gets me excited when I hunt and at my age I don't get excited about much.

Tony------Have you considered sifting the first few inches of that ground?-----Be an interesting spare time Summer project & sure beat setting in front of the boob tube!:)-----If it's the old farm you describe & loaded with square nails--that's really probably the only way you are going to get the good stuff (if its there).-----Get 'em out of there (all those nails).-----You could do it at least in what looks to be the most highly used/occupied area(s).------Just a suggestion.
Tony N (Michigan) said:

Thank you woody for the tip. I will try your settings when it gets here. Thousands of old square cut nails on this old farm.

Don't know when my T2 will arrive. I ordered on Monday and have not received an email it has shipped yet.

I've been thinking of doing just that. Maybe take a 5 x 5 foot plot, lay the grass aside and screen out each plot. Not sure what would be best for a screen. Maybe chicken wire?

D&P-OR said:
Tony------Have you considered sifting the first few inches of that ground?-----Be an interesting spare time Summer project & sure beat setting in front of the boob tube!:)-----If it's the old farm you describe & loaded with square nails--that's really probably the only way you are going to get the good stuff (if its there).-----Get 'em out of there (all those nails).-----You could do it at least in what looks to be the most highly used/occupied area(s).------Just a suggestion.

Maybe 1/4" or 1/2" mesh?-----Build it on a sturdy wooden frame.
Tony N (Michigan) said:
I've been thinking of doing just that. Maybe take a 5 x 5 foot plot, lay the grass aside and screen out each plot. Not sure what would be best for a screen. Maybe chicken wire?

BP mode is deeper for sure. I put a Cors Strike coil on mine and it's the deepest detector I have ever used now. I do have trouble ground balancing in some places with the big coil. I think my F75 LTD would be as deep or deeper with the big coil because the F75 is stronger with both having the stock coil on.

Like Kevin said, BP is deeeeep. Emi is not much of an issue with this machine. I hunt 90% of the time using 99 sensitivity, 0 disc. and BP mode. When I run into an iron patch I switch to 1 tone with disc. set at 25 and dig both ferrous and non ferrous signals. It's amazing how good that has been working out.

Aren't those instructions in your owners manual?
Tony N (Michigan) said:
Thanks kevinnc and 2 Much Trash for your tip.
What is BP mode and how does one get in it?

I got my T2 today! :beers:

BP is the last choice of tones. It is more than just a tone change. It changes the recovery speed to a little slower giving it a depth boost.

All Metal mode will Be your deepest...... Turns The T2 into a Depth Monster..... Target ID will be unreliable.... must go by sound only on The deep targets..... Good luck

Are you saying that when the targets are deep a quarter won't give a high coin number i.d. but will still give the high pitch in audio.

All Metal mode on the T2 range of detectors is the deepest,especially when coupled with a larger coil and going by the audio,no point in replying on what the screen tells you with not only the T2 but most machines,the screen only works reliable upto a certain depth then not only become unreliable but also rarely shows any information either,but the audio channel is still far more reliable at greater depth,then of course you have one more indicator and that is the whisper sound that the audio threshold can and will give you if setup correctly,or more too the point alot of folks dont use the threshold for detecting those deep targets.

Those folks who just rely on just making the dig/no dig decision solely on what a screen indicates will loose out on some decent finds for sure,those who use not only use the audio but also that all important threshold hum will fair so much better.Deepest indication on any target is only possibly by using the threshold.

Of course this is only my opinion,if you are happy for just finding coin size items then the using a screen is perfect,but if you are after the more desirable targets then audio is the only way.

I guess I just having got any deep signals because I have never had a signal that indicates one thing on the meter and something else on the audio signal. I have dug quarters that read 86 on the meter because of the closeness to the rebar in sidewalks.