Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

better luck this year, hopefuly

nagant

last year started as good as can be expected using a new machine. Was picking up on the EQ's sounds and was making progress, then it started getting slightly erratic, signal/targets didn't jive and i thought E.M. was the problem. finally sent it back and the coil was bad. I did a lot of shallow beach detecting but don't know it that was it or not. Anyway by the time i got it back it was getting cold. Feel like i'm starting from scratch this spring, gotta relearn the good and and unlearn the bad (chasing ghosts and other false settings i tried). Not sure i want to dunk another coil or not. If i had 2 coils i would dedicate one for water only. Going to reread the manual tonight and get familiar with controls and give it a go tomorrow at a quiet location ans see how it go's.

last year started as good as can be expected using a new machine. Was picking up on the EQ's sounds and was making progress, then it started getting slightly erratic, signal/targets didn't jive and i thought E.M. was the problem. finally sent it back and the coil was bad. I did a lot of shallow beach detecting but don't know it that was it or not. Anyway by the time i got it back it was getting cold. Feel like i'm starting from scratch this spring, gotta relearn the good and and unlearn the bad (chasing ghosts and other false settings i tried). Not sure i want to dunk another coil or not. If i had 2 coils i would dedicate one for water only. Going to reread the manual tonight and get familiar with controls and give it a go tomorrow at a quiet location ans see how it go's.
I get it...! You got a new machine and the coil was no good. But the 3 year warranty was honored, and your starting from scratch..! Spring is in the air... and now you have a "New Toy" to play with. My Equinox is only six months old, and has been in water many times, with zero problems..! Make sure you put it in the water (ALOT) to confirm the problem was fixed.

coil was good for a few months at least. when i got it back i tried it a couple times before it snowed and worked well but never got enough time on it. Then i bought a fat bike and had a great time in the show.