Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Better than the V3i

http://richmond.craigslist.org/for/2468432472.html

I had a good laugh over this one.... I offered to trade for my top of the line circa 1982 Sony Trinitron 20 inch TV, but he did not see the humor.

My first detector was a 6000 Di series 3. I can't believe the guy is serious.

Makes me think of a Carnival Barker, with a bamboo cane and straw hat. ;) It sure is great machine though.

You know, the problem with experimenting with recreational drugs when you are young is the unknown consequences when you get older. This guy is clearly suffering from a drug induced flashback that has little basis in fact or reality. It is really a shame how people mess with the most valuable organ in their body - their brain! My V3i may out perform a 6000 when it is turned off! Ok, that is a little bit of an exaggeration but I think I have the right considering the outlandish claims of his ad. I hope and pray the guy is not selling the detector to make a CRAK investment. But he could very well be............:heh:

The Shark

bwahahahahaahaha i got a 6000 di series 3 layin upstairs as we speak!!!! i now have a v3i layin next to it. hey maybe i should put mine on ebay to. i certainly enjoyed usin the old 1 when i bought and let the grandkids use it now . BUT itll never outshine the v3i . at least not in my hands. hey i hope he gets the price then ill put mine on there and get a lump towards a water machine. i can hope cant i. hehe

A used car salesman on the side? ........ :rofl:

And she only drove it to church and back........ :devil:

I should offer to trade him my Boy Scout pocket knife for it......

Neil in West Jersey said:
http://richmond.craigslist.org/for/2468432472.html

I had a good laugh over this one.... I offered to trade for my top of the line circa 1982 Sony Trinitron 20 inch TV, but he did not see the humor.

In it's day the Trinitron was quite a piece of technology, but so was the 6000 for that matter. I don't get why a nostalgia buff like this guy had an issue with your offer.

I can only imagine what his ad would look like for that Trinitron. Get the state of the art!! A full 20" screen TV that does not waste batteries on a remote control, just use your kids to do it!! Teach them to respect their elders!! This high tech device offers a real glass tube in brilliant COLOR, and will not easily fall over like an inferior flat LCD screen. Don't waste time on the phony pictures that the plasma screens offer, or with overrated HDTV. Get the pure viewing experience, complete with a little snow, just as the broadcaster intended. It will only cost you $300 over the original retail price of $295 for this quality Japanese product. $595 is true bargain when a lousy 22" LCD TV made in China or Korea will set you back $270 or more. They just don't make em like this anymore and you deserve one. But hurry, this one will not last and I am sure my phone will be ringing off the hook when this ad posts.

I bet he loves Electrolux canister vacuums and RCA portable transistor AM radios. You know the ones that use the new fangled 9 volt battery that look like a little square box! Oh I'm sorry younger readers. I am using 50's and 60's slang you may not understand. Go with an iPod with a removable battery and you'll be fairly close........:crylol:

The Shark

So why sell it? And how come his friends don't want to buy it?

I sent him an offer to trade a VHS video camera , or a comodore 64 computer, or a VCR.

teckpro said:
I sent him an offer to trade a VHS video camera , or a comodore 64 computer, or a VCR.

LOL, good one. Did he accept, you might have to up it to a Beta VCR and throw in a pair of Bell Bottom pants...

Maybe this guy is just a comedian, although the 6000 was great in it's day. I found some of my oldest coins with a 6000

I had nothing better to do so I counted ninety-three (93) exclamations (!) that this guy or gal used in the ad. In the ad he/she asked for a handgun in trade. For what? To shoot himself in the foot?

TC-NM

TC-NM said:
In the ad he/she asked for a handgun in trade. For what? To shoot himself in the foot?

TC-NM

I am guessing the rocket scientist wants to use it to pierce his ears. Don't tell him there are better tools for that application - just chalk it up as Darwin's theory at work. :goodnight: :thumbup: :heh:

The Shark

You guys are giving the guy a hard time BUT what about the guy who reads the ad and buys it.:devil: I've still got mine sitting in my back room and it works. Did you ever check Ebay? They will buy anything. If you have nothing better to do check the whites accessories that sell for more than you can get them straight from the Whites site. I'd sell my 6000 today for half what they go for on the auctions. Mine was made in 1985. That says a bunch about quality products. ROB

OK, we have had our fun and the post isn't helping us with the V3i. So I am going to close it. ROB