Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Big 15 inches coil for Nokta Impact opinions...

I went out with the monster coil today for the first time , You really will notice the extra weight , i did after only a few minutes my arm was feeling the extra weight.
I dug a big flat piece of lead at 12 inches with a super strong signal. The bigger deep targets don't stand a chance of escaping the pure depth of the big coil , it's super deep on larger targets. On coins though i think you might not get much extra depth
maybe an inch or 2 but thats just my opinion. I don't think i would use this massive coil on a trash loaded site it's just way too big. I don't think i could manage a full days detecting with this coil due to the weight even though it's as light as they come for such a big coil. I would use this coil on pasture when hunting for really deep relics , or a hoard of coins. On the beach i think i would do well if you could manage the extra weight for long...

Good review mate thank you.

We know that Impact is very fast metal detector..., so maybe it can work fast with this big coil in trash site with lower sweep speed. I will check it tomorrow ;)

Yes you could use it in trash and i am sure you will filter out some deeper coins with it, just be prepared for a barage of signals with every sweep!
I have a good site loaded with junk , a site that has given up a few thousand coins.. I might try it someday on this site the monster ..

I actually used the big coil on a trashy site. It wasn't too bad and I was able to find deep coins. It was the most enjoyable big coil I every used (CTX 17", NEL Tornado on an AT Pro, and 15" on a Sovereign GT).

As for the weight, it is the lightest big coil I have ever used. The key to avoiding arm issues is to bring the coil closer to your feet versus extending way in front of yourself.

I used a 16 inch coil on an early Whites and there was no comparison with the smaller 8 inch standard coil.The big nuggets started to roll in fast.I used a harness supplied by Whites to mount my detector around
my shoulder and it was effortless. There is a 13x11 inch coil,the XXL Black Dog coil from a Spanish manufacturer which improves the Impact,s performance significantly but is very light.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?100,2372100,2372100

nokta-impact-with-15-14-dd-coil.jpg.06b3ec69ed023c332e7a1c78c26e72a2.jpg

I used the factory 15" coil on my Racer/Racer2 and it was a good coil. Took it to a plowed field with Spanish influence and found a small Phoenix cuff button, flat button and a "fertility" pendant, along with the usual age indicators. I was impressed that it was sensitive enough to bang in solidly on the Phoenix cuff button. Unfortunately for me, I have very few sites that benefit from such a large coil, so I ended up selling it off. If they ever made the Ultimate coil for the Racers or Impact, I'd probably have one of those, as it's a good compromise between the 11" factory coil and the 15" monster sized coil, plus it's pretty light weight and very well proven in the field.

but it's not an every-day use coil for me. It is on a spare lower rod in my accessory coil tote for times when I need it, and those times are when I am specifically going after a known or presumed larger-size target. That has been for contract searches. I've also used it a little just to get to know its strengths and weaknesses in more open areas with smaller-size targets, such as coins, buttons and trade tokens, and evaluate both coverage and small-target responsiveness. I was pleased enough to make sure it stays in my search coil group.

It works, but for more specific applications in my opinion.

Monte

I did some more extensive coin hunting tests fairly recently with the monster 15 x 14 Coil. Test site was a site loaded with modern coinage and even some bits of jewelry here and there.
Well i found the stock coil produced much more coinage than the 15 x 14. I am not sure of the reason , maybe masking issues with the 15 x 14 , there was bits of ferrous junk all over the field as usual on our fields.
I found no deep coins. I much prefer the standard coil that comes with the impact. The depth and separation beats all the additional coils available in my opinion. I did a few coin depth tests in the back garden with most of the additional coils available for the impact and surprisingly found the stock coil performed by far the best. The only coil i have not tested is the 7 inch Concentric which i will buy later this year. I really like concentric coils a lot.
They do seem to perform really good on small coins and rings in foil and ferrous junk....