Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Big Dawg Coil...on my VISION - soon

CROCK of COINS

I will have The Big Dawg Coil in a few days...Let the FUN begin :) I have 3 BigFOOT coils...now to compair--Eagle SL II/BigFOOT, XLT/BigFOOT, DFX/BigFOOT and the VISION/BigFOOT soon to try the Big Dawg Coil ;-)

Jerry

I have the XLT with the big foot coil and it is a clad vacuum I use it for clad hunting:twodetecting: I will be watching to see how you like this coil.:thumbup:

it's not going to work on the 22.5 frequency, but see how it runs on the 7.5 (only frequency)

should be able to really crank up the sensitivity to where it hits hard on the low conductors, and still get good VDI readings.

let us know how it works out and if it pinpoints the same as the Bigfoot

Happy Holiday's

Rob

"The BIG DAWG Coil is not V rated at this time. It will work with the lower two frequencies but has not been tuned or tested for the 22.5K Hz. We plan to add an 'About Us' page on our website. Thank you for your interest in the BIG DAWG Coil.

Pinnacle Design Inc."

They do not advertise it as being compatible with the V series, so I expect it to be much like a low profile Bigfoot. I would run it at 7.5 and use it as a clad vacuum. It should do fine on Gold targets in 7.5 just not as good as 22.5 on small gold. I see it filling the need left by the Bigfoot.

Jerry,
Looking forward to your report. Two extra inches of ground coverage over a Bigfoot, looks good.

I have two questions I hope you can answer when you receive it.

1. Does it detect with a single beep during the whole length of the coil on the DFX and V3 like a Bigfoot coil does?

2. In 22 kHz mode on the V3, does it multiple low conductive targets by a factor of 3 like a Bigfoot coil does? If you would just post what the TID of a nickel is on the BigDawg coil, that will answer that question.

Thanks,
HH
Mike

I'm really considering getting another V3 for my Bigfoot coil. The used prices of V3's are coming down low enough now that I wont freak out as bad over the cost. (I buy an expensive detector then worry about why i spent so much for something I get to use so little :) )

Once you understand how the two interact, it becomes a really good jewelry hunter and the V3 configurability allows you to custom design around the Bigfoot.

Looking forward to hearing how the BigDawg does.

HH
Mike

I'd like to try one but I'm not ready to buy one yet. I hope someone will give an honest review. If it fits your hunting style it could be a great option. We will see.[attachment 218394 Untitled-1.jpg]

Jerry,

There are a lot of people out here hoping for a good Big Dawg review from you ... me included. A BigFoot replacement has been a long time coming. Hope this is it.

Good luck
Bob

I've always wondered why Whites has not made a Bigfoot type coil....... you would think they would sell a boat load of them, especially for the V :shrug: :shrug:

By time I got the DAWG...I took on a head cold... LOL Last weekend I hit the beach with the Spectra V3. I used ONE freq and had to dial down the "Pre AMP gain. I did find some coins and the DAWG did pinpoint GOOD ! ! !

So I took out my DFX and hit a park PLAY area.****I got OVERLOAD****... I went home and put on the BigFOOT coil and the DFX again went ***OVERLOAD*** ! ! ! I had not used my DFX in a year...I did re-balance on the DFX and NO OVERLOAD. But I did not go back out and test the DAWG.

I will try and test next week. I will give a report when I do get enough info on the DAWG ;-)

Jerry

Looks like an awesome coil for dry sand beach hunting. I wonder if you ran in the 22 kHz freq. if it would just skew the vdi numbers or actually affect the performance of the coil? I dig everything above iron at the beach anyways, so I wouldn't need vdi accuracy for that type of hunting.

I don't have the actual results but I can only guess that performance will suffer a great deal on 22.5. The VDI's were way off and were different on the front half from the rear half as well. I would still recommend using 7.5 with the Big Dawg and Bigfoot. You will still get most of what was lost on the beach with the exception of the smallest of the gold.

I've been following these posts and would like to know the answer to the question Mike ask back on December 21st, what is the VDI reading of a nickel using the Big Dawg on a V3i? I use a Bigfoot on my V3i and run it on all 3 frequencies all the time. Works great but as mentioned it multiplies the 22.5 frequency by 3 times. For instance the nickel vdi is around 56/58 when using the Bigfoot. I would like to know if it is the same for the Big Dawg.

Here is the other thread on the Big Dawg if you missed it: http://www.findmall.com/read.php?66,1607697,1622793#msg-1622793

In short, 7.5 is the only frequency that works normally on the V series. 22.5 is way off and you can not use the multiplier. Results even vary from the front half and back half of the coil in that frequency.

Thank you Larry. I had read those posts but still unclear about exactly how the Big Dawg reacts in the other 2 frequencies on the V3i. Is there no pattern? Seems like there has to be a pattern, maybe not the same as the Bigfoot but maybe one of it's own. Anyway it seems interesting and I am hoping to see more posts on these once people get one and try it out.

The VDI's are erratic and no pattern. They may vary by 20 or 30 numbers, they even vary from the front half of the coil to back half of the coil on 22.5. I can't get more specfic than that until my ground thaws and I have a chance to use in actual hunting conditions, but I really don't expect it to be any different.

They say it is not for the V3i, I believe them.

OK, thank you. That's disappointing as I know there is no plans to resurrect the Bigfoot and I know mine will not last forever with as much as I use it. Maybe they will improve the Dawg in the future.