Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Big Silver / Canadian Half Dime / Very Old Printing Plate

floodplaindetector

Finds are from the last 3 weekend hunts and a couple after work weekday hunts. All Finds were pulled from researched public city parks and school grounds with my XP Deus 2.
Most of the silver dimes and the Canadian half dime were pulled from North Dakota and All the big silver was pulled from Minnesota.
I worked on refining my nickel bin since my first post and I was able to start isolating some deep nickel targets. Coin depth ranges in this post were about 6-12 inches.
The half dollar wasn't very deep (about 6 inches) but was surrounded by iron and junk. A few of the dimes were on edge.
The Canadian half dime was pulled on Saturday. It was nice to see one of these as they don't come up often. It was an 84 signal about 8 inches deep similar to how an Indian head penny would read.

I believe that old lead printing plate to be a 'Deering' binder or reaper advertising plate. McCormick merged with Deering in 1902 so this would have to be pre-1902.
It was pulled from a railroad park and was about a foot deep. I reversed the orientation and image so it is a little easier to see.

The badly fire damaged melted coin was pulled at a turn of the century school yesterday. I ground off a little of the back and it appears to be an old silver quarter and was at least 9 inches deep.
Thanks for looking!
Dave

Coin Finds
1945 Walking Liberty Half
5 silver quarters (one has severe fire damage)
1913 Canadian Half Dime (fish scale)
12 silver dimes back to 1929
11 nickels back to 1887
2 silver war nickels 1943,1945
* Not pictured: 49 wheat pennies and 1 Canadian penny

Other Finds
Silver Nymph or Fairy pendant (this has some good weight to it)
Very old "Deering" binder or reaper lead printing plate
Brass tag with copyrights for a 1909 Corn Sheller Conveyor
Martin Van Buren Presidential Coin - probably 100+ year old
Heart Buckle
Couple more modern dog license tags
Few assorted buttons
tiny spoon
Brass scale weight
Cat Key Fob
Large religious medal
Old Bottle cap remover
Pocket Watch (about 10 inches deep)
Ornate Cover (1887 V nickel was found close so it could have been a coin holder)
Old bracelet
Old Lamp Finial
SilverCoins.jpg
WalkerHalfReverse.jpg
CanadianHalfDimeObverse.jpg
CanadianHalfDimeReverse.jpg
SilverNymphOrFairy.jpg
OldNickels.jpg
OldLeadPrintingPlate.jpg
SharpVNickelRightAfterFinding.jpg
GroupShot.jpg
Rings.jpg

Finds are from the last 3 weekend hunts and a couple after work weekday hunts. All Finds were pulled from researched public city parks and school grounds with my XP Deus 2.
Most of the silver dimes and the Canadian half dime were pulled from North Dakota and All the big silver was pulled from Minnesota.
I worked on refining my nickel bin since my first post and I was able to start isolating some deep nickel targets. Coin depth ranges in this post were about 6-12 inches.
The half dollar wasn't very deep (about 6 inches) but was surrounded by iron and junk. A few of the dimes were on edge.
The Canadian half dime was pulled on Saturday. It was nice to see one of these as they don't come up often. It was an 84 signal about 8 inches deep similar to how an Indian head penny would read.

I believe that old lead printing plate to be a 'Deering' binder or reaper advertising plate. McCormick merged with Deering in 1902 so this would have to be pre-1902.
It was pulled from a railroad park and was about a foot deep. I reversed the orientation and image so it is a little easier to see.

The badly fire damaged melted coin was pulled at a turn of the century school yesterday. I ground off a little of the back and it appears to be an old silver quarter and was at least 9 inches deep.
Thanks for looking!
Dave

Coin Finds
11 nickels back to 1887

Other Finds
Heart Buckle
Few assorted buttons
tiny spoon
Brass scale weight
Cat Key Fob
Large religious medal
Old Bottle cap remover
Ornate Cover (1887 V nickel was found close so it could have been a coin holder)
Old bracelet
Old Lamp Finial
View attachment 44893View attachment 44894View attachment 44895View attachment 44896View attachment 44897View attachment 44898View attachment 44899View attachment 44900View attachment 44901View attachment 44902
Heck yeah!

Another blazing silver coin event starring Dave aka floodplaindetector 😂
What a fantastic haul of treasure!!
That V is in super nice condition.
I see the D2 is working super well for you.
How are you liking the change in technology and ergonomics?

Floodplaindetector said . The Canadian half dime was pulled on Saturday. It was nice to see one of these as they don't come up often. It was an 84 signal about 8 inches deep similar to how an Indian head penny would read.
That is similar to the ID I got on a barber dime at 9 inches my ID was 83 both ways but there was a fence staple with it have to dig those high IDS that are deep not many pull-tabs down there .Even 65 and up never know whats mixed in with it .
Great finds can't hunt much here ground is dust . sube

Doing great there Dave and most say these areas been work to death, but you are proving them wrong.
Those Candian 5 cent coins are small and most disc them out and a great find when you can find them. I got 2 myself with the oldest one a 1893 and very nice shape too along with a 1871 IH penny and a diamond engagement ring that was old, all three where within 5 feet of one another that had been hit with many detectors before. Its was a site James told me about up north here in ND.

Nice to see you doing so well Dave and keep it up as there is more out there.

Rick

That was a lot of fun. Im sure. Nice to find an old spot that still produces silver !!!! Just love those walkers !!!! I remember my very first. As I removed the plug, I saw a 'line' of silver.
Perfectly perpendicular !!!! What a beautiful sight to see big silver in the ground !!!!

Congrats on great finds and great hunt !!!!

HH
Donna(NJ)

Thanks for looking!
Dave

Coin Finds
11 nickels back to 1887

Other Finds
Heart Buckle
Few assorted buttons
tiny spoon
Brass scale weight
Cat Key Fob
Large religious medal
Old Bottle cap remover
Old bracelet
Old Lamp Finial
View attachment 44893View attachment 44894View attachment 44895View attachment 44896View attachment 44897View attachment 44898View attachment 44899View attachment 44900View attachment 44901View attachment 44902
Nice going (as usual), Dave !

Iowa Dale

Spectacular stuff but NOT surprising coming from someone who knows how to hunt deep and find the very last “seeable” targets with what we have today. Imagine all the stuff that’s been found. Imagine what we are currently finding. Imagine what’s left. It’s completely mind boggling. It takes EXPERIENCE and SKILL to go find what you are actually looking for, both are shown here in spades.

Floodplaindetector said . The Canadian half dime was pulled on Saturday. It was nice to see one of these as they don't come up often. It was an 84 signal about 8 inches deep similar to how an Indian head penny would read.
That is similar to the ID I got on a barber dime at 9 inches my ID was 83 both ways but there was a fence staple with it have to dig those high IDS that are deep not many pull-tabs down there .Even 65 and up never know whats mixed in with it .
Great finds can't hunt much here ground is dust . sube
That’s what’s nice on the D2 the ID is very solid
Mark

thanks for the replies everyone! Regarding a few of the questions. Yes, I really like swinging this blazing fast light machine and Deep HC is the Cat's meow.
Regarding the sites I hit and where I start on them: It depends on how many times I have been to them. Alot of times I will alternate my starting position but ultimately, I like to find the junkiest areas, especially with this new machine.
Dave