Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Big Silver / Gold / Semi Key Date Indian Penny And Others

floodplaindetector

Finds are from the last few weeks since my last post on some weekend hunts with my Minelab eTrac.
Coils used were the 10x12 SEF, NEL Attack 15 inch, NEL Storm 13x14. All finds shown were pulled from public researched sites.

I pulled the 1918 Walking Liberty Half Dollar on Sunday. It has been a while since I hit a Walker so it was a nice surprise.
Despite the heat and lack of wind, Sunday was a 9 silver day. There was good moisture in the ground for a change as around 4 inches of rain fell in the last week.
The small gold ring was pulled at an old school at a depth of about 7-8 inches. I believe it has some good age to it and doesn't look to be plated.
It read like a deeper nickel. The 1898 barber dime was pulled within 100 feet of it. The other gold filled ring was pulled at a different site and read like a deep Indian head penny. It is stamped 10 KT G. F.
The 1908 S Indian head penny was about 8 inches deep and was pulled at a city park with no higher tone signals so I was lucky to get that.
Thanks for taking a look!
Dave

Coin Finds
1918 Half Dollar
1946 Quarter
Silver dimes back to 1898
3 silver war nickels
1936,1937 buffalo nickels and a few 1940s-50s nickels
4 Indian Head Pennies Including a Semi Key Date 1908 S.
1 1940s Canadian silver dime
Not Pictured are 31 Wheat Pennies and a 1950 Canadian Penny

Non Coin Finds.
1 Gold and 1 Gold Filled Ring
Late 1950s Red Goose Shoes Presidential Token
Roy's Place brass token (blank on back)
Early 1900s IODEX Iodine treatment remedy lid
Clown Pendant (Thin metal - Engraved Ashley Love on reverse)
Ornate Blazer Button
Cub Scout NeckerChief Slide with some age
Old Makeup Compact Lid (Was 4 inches deeper than Garrett Pinpointer)
Lead 4 hold button
Old Lead bullet
Old Buckle
A deep Escutcheon for a drawer pull
Bell Stick Pin
A roached Bull Ring (looks to be pot metal - probably 1960s)
Rusted old fingernail clippers
Various other buttons
GroupShot.jpg
GoldRings.jpg
SilverCoins.jpg
1908IndianPennyObverse.jpg
1908SIndianPennyReverse.jpg
1918HalfDollar.jpg
ClownPendant.jpg
RedGooseShoesTokenObverse.jpg
RedGooseTokenReverse.jpg
Token.jpg

I wonder why a barber coin faces the other way...great post of your finds as always....congrats on the 1908 s Indian....Looks like the walker has changed a lot of hands and has been used for many purchases....
and you got gold !

Super finds Dave I have found a lot of walker halves never any older than the 30's the presidential token is a sweet find Gold to!
Mark

Thanks Elmy!
Yes, was nice to pull that 1908 s Indian out that pounded city park I was in.
That half has definitely had a lot of use. That little gold ring was a nice surprise.
Dave
I wonder why a barber coin faces the other way...great post of your finds as always....congrats on the 1908 s Indian....Looks like the walker has changed a lot of hands and has been used for many purchases....
and you got gold !

Thanks Mark!
I have gotten a few 1917-1928 halves over the years. Yep, its fun to find a mix.
I bet it is awful hot in your location. That water hunting looks like a cool hobby but i bet it is a lot of work retrieving stuff in deep water.
Dave
Super finds Dave I have found a lot of walker halves never any older than the 30's the presidential token is a sweet find Gold to!
Mark

Thanks for the comments!
Definitely a combination of both since the etrac tones are burned into my brain from all the years of use :)
Research and experience is a big part though no matter what detector you chose to use.

Dave

I feel like I should credit the hunter and not the machine in your posts. You always seem to just flat out bring it home dude. Great finds.

The silver is great. I like the 1908-S Indian Head the most. Nice find.

Amazing finds Dave!!! You definitely have the winning combination of researching and understanding your etrac.