Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Big Silver Ring

shafer44

well, I got out today and went to a lot that still has a house on it that has been repossessed by the bank. The back yard was a mess before with 3 ft tall weeds and crud in it, so I had not hunted the back yard before. When I drove by though and saw that it had been mowed and the tall stalky stuff at least knocked down, I decided to try it. I hunted for about an hour and found 1 quarter, 7 dimes, 18 memorials and 17 zinc crusties. I was disappointed not to have found any wheats or silver, but thought, oh, well, at least I found something. Then right before I was going to leave, I got that sweet tone and +79-+81 VDI on my V3i with my 4x6 shooter coil and definely was going to dig this one out. I dug out a chunk with my shovel, ran the coil over the dirt to make sure I got it and then bent down with the TRX pinpointer to locate it. Well, the pinpointer was vibrating all over the place and it was definitely not having to search much thru the dirt to find it. I picked up the ugliest ring that I think I have ever found. The picture of it shows a penny for size comparison. The "ball" on the top of this ring is 0.55 diameter. Who in the world would even think about wearing a ring like this?? Anyway, it is ugly, but it is definitely unique for the rings I have found and 0.925 silver.

What a weird looking ring! Glad it's silver! Who would wear that thing, someone starting out in jewlery school? Made it and brought it home for the wife maybe? Mmmm Olga, look what me make!

At least you didn't get skunked!

Lord! That is one ugly ring alright! :rofl: Good thing its silver, which helps make up for its ugliness!...Nice hit and find!:clapping:
Mud

Thanks McClod. That is what I thought....ugly ring!! Oh, well when it is 11.5 grams of .925 silver....who cares what it looks like, huh!!

Yup, that's an ugly honker!
But silver is always good

Sweet, you found my ring...hahahaha. Actually the owner probably lost it on purpose. Fashion, hmmmm makes one wonder. Maybe it was one of those that requires the use of two other rings to be worn each side to enhance that one. However a great find none the less....it's all about the story and thrill. Congrats

Thanks, YTCoinshooter....exactly my thoughts.

Thanks Underground214! Someone just wanted to say that they had a BIG silver ring, I guess.

That is a rare "Ball Peen" ring. Very rare and a collectible.

lloyd0161 are you kidding? Any links to where they are shown? I just thought someone had it made up like this to have a "big" silver ring. Thanks.

shafer44 said:
lloyd0161 are you kidding? Any links to where they are shown? I just thought someone had it made up like this to have a "big" silver ring. Thanks.

Of course just kidding:)