Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Big Silver Weekend / 1940 Captain Midnight Membership Medal

floodplaindetector

All the finds from the last few hunts except one find were found at public city parks and schools. Only the big brass Palmolive token
was found at an old country school permission close to my parent’s farm. From my research it is from the late 1920s.
Machine used was my Minelab eTrac.
The silver half dollar was a complete surprise as it was found at a pounded out fairgrounds where I must have walked a mile before I pulled a wheat penny.
All it takes is one good target to change a person’s day.
Another unexpected find was that 1940 ‘Captain Midnight Flight Patrol Membership Spinner Medal’. This is my 3rd one in the last 3 years. Before then I hadn’t found one.
Captain Midnight was an old radio serial show that ran from 1938 to 1949.
The larger horseshoe pendant/or part of a horse bridle/saddle was about 10 inches deep and pulled from an old school.
Regarding the silver ring, I have found similar sterling rings but this one is a little thicker than the rest and has a prominent ‘Sterling’ stamp on it. That target was about 8 inches deep.
The 3 tiny silver religious medals were a choppy higher tone about 7 inches deep.

Thanks for taking a look at my finds!
Dave

Coin Finds
1951 Franklin Half Dollar (2nd Franklin Half of the year)
1943 Quarter
1916,1918,1938,1961 Dimes
1943 Silver War Nickel
3 V nickels back to 1889
6 Buffalo Nickels back to 1916
4 Jefferson Nickels back to 1942
1906 Indian Head Penny
18 Wheat Pennies back to 1910

Non Coin Finds
1940 Captain Midnight Membership Decoder Medal.
Late 1920s Palmolive Token
1920s thick plated gold watch
3 sterling religious medals
Small buckle with ‘Paris’ stamped on it
Very old spoon handle
Horseshoe with Horse Pendant
Toy Gun Barrel (top of group finds picture)
A few small buttons and other Misc. Items.
SilverCoins.jpg
GroupShot.jpg
TokensObverse.jpg
TokensReverse.jpg
1920sWatch.jpg
SilverMedals.jpg
SterlingRing.jpg
HorseshoePendant.jpg
NIckels.jpg

Incredibly nice coins and treasures !!!

Once you find the first good object who’s keeping track of how many miles??? Those are some sweet finds for

All the finds from the last few hunts except one find were found at public city parks and schools. Only the big brass Palmolive token
was found at an old country school permission close to my parent’s farm. From my research it is from the late 1920s.
Machine used was my Minelab eTrac.
The silver half dollar was a complete surprise as it was found at a pounded out fairgrounds where I must have walked a mile before I pulled a wheat penny.
All it takes is one good target to change a person’s day.
Another unexpected find was that 1940 ‘Captain Midnight Flight Patrol Membership Spinner Medal’. This is my 3rd one in the last 3 years. Before then I hadn’t found one.
Captain Midnight was an old radio serial show that ran from 1938 to 1949.
The larger horseshoe pendant/or part of a horse bridle/saddle was about 10 inches deep and pulled from an old school.
Regarding the silver ring, I have found similar sterling rings but this one is a little thicker than the rest and has a prominent ‘Sterling’ stamp on it. That target was about 8 inches deep.
The 3 tiny silver religious medals were a choppy higher tone about 7 inches deep.

Thanks for taking a look at my finds!
Dave

Coin Finds
1951 Franklin Half Dollar (2nd Franklin Half of the year)
1943 Quarter
1916,1918,1938,1961 Dimes
1943 Silver War Nickel
3 V nickels back to 1889
6 Buffalo Nickels back to 1916
4 Jefferson Nickels back to 1942
1906 Indian Head Penny
18 Wheat Pennies back to 1910

Non Coin Finds
1940 Captain Midnight Membership Decoder Medal.
Late 1920s Palmolive Token
1920s thick plated gold watch
3 sterling religious medals
Small buckle with ‘Paris’ stamped on it
Very old spoon handle
Horseshoe with Horse Pendant
Toy Gun Barrel (top of group finds picture)
A few small buttons and other Misc. Items.
View attachment 16848View attachment 16849View attachment 16850View attachment 16851View attachment 16852View attachment 16853View attachment 16854View attachment 16855View attachment 16856
Nice! I found the same kind identical Capt. Midnight medal back in the late 80's at a school. Got lucky and found a Franklin half with a Washington quarter laying on top of it!

Nice finds Dave find any gold in those school yards?
Mark