Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Big Silver Weekend! / 1941 Chauffeur License Badge / 1897 Brunswick Token / Wiped Shield Nickel

floodplaindetector

I hit it hard this weekend with detecting buddy James and hunted at a bunch of researched public sites that I thought may still hold some old finds. All finds shown were made with the Minelab E-trac + SEF 10x12 Coil. The hot humid weather was brutal at times but I had a big cooler with ice and drank a lot of water and kept going. The Franklin half dollars were found at different sites. The 1962 half was a pocket spill with a 1944 silver quarter. The 1898 Barber Quarter was exactly straight up and down in the hole @ about 8 inches. When I first scraped the dirt
off I thought it was a ring but then instantly knew it was an old quarter when I pulled it out. The worn out shield nickel was found at the same site about 10 feet away from the quarter. That coin was so smooth and worn I first thought it was some electrical punch-out,
but once I saw the vertical bars I kept applying my nickel date restore multiple times and actually got the date. 1867. The 1929 mercury dime was vert deep (about 10 inches).
I saw the Carter Inkwell bottle cap first and then dug for the bottle part and found it.
The last signal I dug on Sunday was that Chauffeur Badge. It was only about 3 inches but was giving me 12-40 Numbers so I knew it wasn't just a new penny. I have been wanting to find one of these for a while and this is my first one.
Thanks for looking!
Dave

Coin Finds
1952,1962 half dollars
1898,1908,1942,1942,1944 quarters
1929.1945,1963 dimes
1867,1929,1944,1945 (2 silver war nickels)
1893,1895,1907 Indian Head Pennies
24 Wheat Pennies (1 is a 1913s which is a good year)
1942 Canadian Penny

Non Coin Finds
1941 MN Chauffer License Badge
"Superior" Hand Saw Emblem
"One Crown" Token
1897-1900 Brunswick Merchant Token
Top of an old lighter
Large Religious Medal
Small Buckle
Thin Hair Tie Pin
Key
Trumpet Button
1900 "Carter" Inkwell Bottle and Cover
GroupShot.jpg
1941ChaffeurLicenseBadge.jpg
BigSilver.jpg
WeekendSilver.jpg
BrunswickTokenSide1.jpg
BrunswickTokenSide2.jpg
ShieldNickelAfterBrassBrushing.jpg
1867ShieldNickelAfterApplyingNickelDateRestorer.jpg
SaturdayFinds.jpg
1900CarterInkWellBottle.jpg

Glad you found a chauffeur badge. I’ve found a few and they’re always nice. I like yours a lot. That’s awesome finding the ink well with the lid. The Joe Bush trade token is also a keeper.

Nice digs, love the chauffeur badge I have only found one. The saying on the badge had me going till I googled it the Star of the north. Did you preclean your Nickle before applying nick a date?
HH Jeff

Nice finds Dave you cleaned up!
Mark

Wow. What great finds ! Got real excited about the Brunswick token. Wrong Brunswick. Thought it was Georgia where I grew up. A great find.

Thanks Jeff!
I brass brushed it and then rinsed it. Probably could have cleaned it better first but I just wanted an ID.
Dave
Nice digs, love the chauffeur badge I have only found one. The saying on the badge had me going till I googled it the Star of the north. Did you preclean your Nickle before applying nick a date?
HH Jeff

Absolutely incredible haul of silver and other goodies!!

That was a pretty grand hunting/recover weekend, for sure. Good job and really like the chauffeur's badge. Got one a few years ago woods hunting a city park. Hack for hire, 1918, Memphis, 7. Stay safe. HH jim tn

Hey Jim,
thanks. Sounds like you got an old one. Nice.
Yes, that was chauffeur's badge was completely unexpected as it wasn't very deep. One of the thrills of our great hobby.
Dave
That was a pretty grand hunting/recover weekend, for sure. Good job and really like the chauffeur's badge. Got one a few years ago woods hunting a city park. Hack for hire, 1918, Memphis, 7. Stay safe. HH jim tn

Wonderful.. Glad you posted pic's. Tell me about the nickel date restore , I'm interested in getting some, or is it a homemade concoction ? Very nice badge, never found one . I told my wife detecting is like a "Box of chocolates" you never know what your gonna get. Quoted in part from the "Forest Gump movie".

A good friend of mine bought a childs detector for her little girl. She went out back of her house and pulled this out from under the swing set. I go over and only get clad, so gave it to her to start a college fund. Lol

Attachments

• 387A4E63-F776-40FD-BECA-13CC9DAB31C7.jpeg
    387A4E63-F776-40FD-BECA-13CC9DAB31C7.jpeg
    90.8 KB · Views: 95
A good friend of mine bought a childs detector for her little girl. She went out back of her house and pulled this out from under the swing set. I go over and only get clad, so gave it to her to start a college fund. Lol
yep...same here my trusty etrac got smoked one time by a $39.99 radio shack pie pan on a stick thing......