Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

BIG SILVER!!!!

HvacDude

Just was out testing my metal detector and I found this: Its a 1964-65 New York World Fair Coin its says:The 300th anniversary of the founding of New York1664-1964. The other side says:Man's achievements in an expanding universe. Can't find much about the history online yet. But it is .999 pure silver and wieghs about thte same as 2 or 3 half dollars. This it the best find I have found ever!!!

Very cool & unique! Well worth more than the it's Silver value for sure.I'm a coin guy & never seen 1 of these in 30+ yrs. WTG! GL & HH!

AMAZING! That's one cool item you rescued. Id bet who ever lost that was truly upset. And id also bet the kid who lost it got a paddling across the backside once pappa noticed it gone! Haha

I actually found it in my yard. I own some empty lots next to my house. Years ago an old man lived in a house on them and the house was knocked down and grated. I was told the old man kept and collected everything. I have found several silver coins from merc dimes to standing Liberty halves. Several different items that range in date from about 1920's to 1960s'. I have searched about 30-40% of the property and just spot checked areas. After every winter freeze and spring tilling the garden I find more stuff each year.

Here is some info on the designer of your coin. Nice find!
http://news.coinupdate.com/the-life-and-work-of-anthony-de-francisci-3143/

Excellent find !

Kieth-Tx said:
Here is some info on the designer of your coin. Nice find!
http://news.coinupdate.com/the-life-and-work-of-anthony-de-francisci-3143/
THANKS!! for the info it makes this find even more special. Thanks to everyone who has replied. HH!