Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Big silver

cw3

So, my dad passed away a month ago. I'm sitting here with the covid going through my dads coin collection. I find this hugh coin. 1/2 lb of .999 fine silver. Even though my dad is not here any more he can still make me laugh. The other coin is a silver dollar just for a size comparisons.

Kevin wanted to know what it rang up on the ctx. In high trash and sensitivity at 5 it rings up 01 34 if i get closer that 5 inches it overloads.

Attachments

• 20211110_092907.jpg
    20211110_092907.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 125
  • 20211110_093001.jpg
    20211110_093001.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 131
If I found that while out detecting I’d be looking for jkline and his Candid Camera crew!!! I bet that hit overload………

So sorry to hear about your dad, cw3.... :(

That is indeed one honking big coin!
I always tell people who are looking for 'big silver', to test their machine and settings with 'big silver'.
It can seem to act a little oddly, sometimes....

Reactions: cw3
I hope you get over the bug there Clare, nothing to be messed with IF you’re unlucky…
That coin still cracks me up, your Dad can make ME laugh too!🤣
Interesting how it rings up, and simply has everything to do with how typical coin shooting machines are calibrated. I would never dig a 1-34, not even on the worst day. But I would if those half pounders had been circulating…🙂

Reactions: cw3