Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bigfoot coil on V3I

Pondmn

I am wanting to use my bigfoot coil on my new v31. Is anyone using the bigfoot coil and if so what coil type setting do you use and/or any other modifications. I am using the stock coin and jewelry program. thanks Jerry

You would do best to use single frequency 2.5 or 7.5 with the BF. It was not made to be used with the 22.5 frequency and you would get some pretty weird readings in three frequency.

I just got the chest support strap,if you have trouble with the weight Kellco sells them they do help!

I have been using a bungee cord set up on my Minelab detectors for years while hunting gold. I hunt with a hydration pack and hang a bungee cord off the D ring to the detector. I use the bungee cord set up from Doc's Metal Detecting Supply for my other detectors. As I get older my shoulders are pretty well shot and this helps to relieve a lot of pain. I hunted off and on for two days at a recent metal detector competition and had almost no pain after the weekend. These supports are well worth the money. thanks

If he has the bigfoot meant for the MXT/DFX, it'll work well on all except the 22.5 khz where the target id numbers multiply by 3. But don't worry about the weight...the bigfoot is a very light coil.

Pondmn said:
I am wanting to use my bigfoot coil on my new v31. Is anyone using the bigfoot coil and if so what coil type setting do you use and/or any other modifications. I am using the stock coin and jewelry program. thanks Jerry

Jerry. I use the Bigfoot on my V3i and on all 3 frequencies all the time and it works great. Look back on the forum maybe a year ago and there is a lot of posts about it. True the higher frequency multiplies the VDI numbers by 3 but that is very easy to get used to and actually helps in identifying the targets easier. For ground balancing put it on lock and balance it as usual with the front tip at a 45 degree angle.

FloridaRob (previously DFX USER)

Went out today and dug a pile of clad and some pulltabs with the V3I using the bigfoot on the coin and jewelry stock setting. It worked fine and for me it was a lot easier to pinpoint than using the stock coils. I am in California and therefore do not get as much silver although we do get some gold jewelry. Would be nice to hunt the areas some of you hunt where you get civil war relics. I do hunt the motherlode for gold with a Minelab 5000 and do get a lot of relics in the process. Thanks for the help and still learning my new detector after using the DFX for many years and love it. Jerry

Hi pondman

Does the bigfoot work better on the dfx than the v3i in the low freq, on lets say a dime at 4in, or what is the benefit of using the big foot on the v other than covering a large area ? just curious.