Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Biggest waste of $1500 bucks I have ever done:thumbdown:

How about he posts his settings?? then we can see where he is going wrong.

don`t think he had anything accept the factory settings Colin , i think he just permutated anything and everything he could in a desperate attempt to find a mode he could work in which suited his criteria ,but failed to do so unfortunately..

One of THE worst things you can do with an E trac is whack the Gain up high . That really sends it into space !!!

grumpyolman said:
Interesting about the Cell phone. I always have mine with me and I was getting erratic high numbers yesterday and had the phone in my pocket closest to the detector. I usually carry it in another pocket. I;ll have to investigate that. Anyone else think the cell could cause problems?
Don`t know ,but mine rang the other day and i answered it . It said after the Beeps ,please remove the coin. :blush:

grumpyolman said:
Interesting about the Cell phone. I always have mine with me and I was getting erratic high numbers yesterday and had the phone in my pocket closest to the detector. I usually carry it in another pocket. I;ll have to investigate that. Anyone else think the cell could cause problems?
Don`t know ,but my E trac rang the other day and i answered it . It said ," after the Beeps ,please remove the coin" . :blush:

I have only used the etrac going on two and a half weeks. i have hunted areas with so many nails and other junk that alot of times dig up with the good stuff in the same hole. with any other machine i have owned would have been masked out. i cant speak of any other ml other than the excal. i do incounter the iron falsing a little... but its fairly easy to decypher. perhaps your tone gain is a bit high.i feel the preset level is a bit high. its to the point where there realy isnt a faint tone. you either hear a tone loud or nothing at all. i lowered mine a bit and it makes the deeper signals a little fainter which seems to help a bit with the iron falsing. i didnt dig any silver today but lots of wheaties some at 7 to 9 inches and most had other trash in the hole.

good luck!!!

mikeB

FYI - my Explorer had used to have lots of low tone falses all along the bottom of the screen. To the point of being unusable at times. But when I wrapped the 5 prong metal cable connector in the upper rod with electrical tape all along the outside, all those falses went away. I'm happy now.

too many slight mods to the same machines... 1 mod giving & 1 mod taking away. personaly if u want to have it all, u have to have 6 arms & one machine in each arm. B.S. just be happy with what u have & dont buy anymore units untill they come up with something that works with having only 2 arms. detecting used to be fun now its a BS. too much hype & stuff out there with very little improvement in the last couple of years... just more ways of Getting your $. just like fishing used to be fun now they have super hooks, super lines, super reels & they cost 100 times more than the hooks & lines that used to catch bigger & better trophy fish. most of those trophy fish dont even exist anymore. unless u happen to be a frickin millionaire, or a sponsor & travel the world. I have a feeling most of us aren't in that boat.

Very well stated. People will need to learn their machines and the capabilities just like when the Explorer XS, II and the SE came out. A lot of people bashed these detectors until they learned them.

HH.......Rick

how some people here are so quick to tell you it's you who is wrong, and not the machine. These ego's here are unbelievable. Just take Digitrich and crucify him already!!! That's all you seem to be interested in anyhow. Good grief! It seems if you don't agree with a couple of "EXPERTS" here then you are incompetent or impatient or user error. Give me a break! Try helping him instead of criticizing him. And stop sounding like you are Minelab reps. Some machines do not work as described. It's that simple. It has been that way since the beginning of metal detectors. If we got all those extra inches that we were quoted since the 1960's, we would be digging a dime at 3 feet! So lay off the badgering of some of the people that are not happy and try and share your "Wisdom" instead of your attitudes.

you hit the rusty nail on the head coinnut, every time i hear or see an add about the new machine in town.. you know , the one that goes deeper, faster, discriminates better, cleans out trashy areas blah blah blah I just know what the posts are going to be like lol. I'm going into the back hoe business for the next detector that comes out next week. It's ridiculous already. one step forward 2 backwards.. deeper? o.k but it doesnt disc. disc? good but it doesnt go very deep, trash? oh yeah! but it doesnt run as fast or as deep, yeah! dont forget to slow down to the point of why u got rid of your other machine to begin with. I think Im going to go Mdtng and stay of these forums for a while before i lose it...

I have absolutely no Doubt whatsoever that the E-track is a superb awsome detector.Iv used the se pro and although i had it for only 4 months see a real difference in speed of recovery and when set up right the E-trac is a formiddable machine.It saddens me to hear such an attack on such a good machine especially from some one who has used minelabs and im confused as to why this could happen.Digitrich you need to give your head a good shake:wiggle: and start being positive and have some guts and start using the E-trac again and stop this assanation of what is proving and i mean consitently getting superb finds over here in the UK atleast and theres absoloutely no reason why anyone over the pond cannot do the same.I hope you reconsider your options carefully.Ny all means stop using it if youv completely given up but dont right it of for everyone else as the E-track continues to prove it self with the most amazing finds.
whiggy:thumbup:

Guy`s ! if you want a Nice EASEY on the ears programme stick These settings in and you will find a nice level of working.
It is......................
Sensetivity --------Manual . Try 24 (average)which isn`too severe.But raise it to your satisfaction as and when you feel the ground will accept a higher setting.

Or Auto +3.
move along to AUDIO
Threshold level 18or 20 whichever suits your hearing.
Vol limits----30
Volume Gain-----24(or less no higher)
Response.---- Smooth ,, pitch hold (whichever suits you)Smooth is the easier
Go to Tone ID settings.

Number of Tones=====Multi.
Sounds------Conduct ONLY.
Variability----30
Limits----30
Threshold pitch-------- 1

Go along to EXPERT settings now.
Recovery Deep ------- ON.
Recovery FAST------OFF
Trash density-----High or Low to suit the ground your working in.
Ground-----Difficult.
Noise cancel ...Whichever it arives at on doing it.

Go along to Prefrences.
Contrast----15
PINPOINT -------Sizing.
Show Sensetivity------ON
Show mode info -------ON
Display Time out. Off/On to suit you.

Use the Quickmask screen at 35 with nothing on the Conduct.

FORGET conscentrating on the DIGITAL FIGURES.... IE. Ferrous/conduct. They are a guide only.Where the X hairs are are more informative than the Digital readings.
Listen to the Sounds MORE they will tell you whether to dig or not to Dig .Listen for the EACH WAY REPEATABLE signals.
Iron will give a High squeal type sound. If you dig this sound and it IS iron, Remember it for the next time you hear it.
Low grunts can be good Targets

Use this Discrimination Pattern below . Its a thin 35 band along the bottom with just Nails added on top of it . Edit as shown and save it .

coinnut said:
how some people here are so quick to tell you it's you who is wrong, and not the machine. These ego's here are unbelievable. Just take Digitrich and crucify him already!!! That's all you seem to be interested in anyhow. Good grief! It seems if you don't agree with a couple of "EXPERTS" here then you are incompetent or impatient or user error. Give me a break! Try helping him instead of criticizing him. And stop sounding like you are Minelab reps. Some machines do not work as described. It's that simple. It has been that way since the beginning of metal detectors. If we got all those extra inches that we were quoted since the 1960's, we would be digging a dime at 3 feet! So lay off the badgering of some of the people that are not happy and try and share your "Wisdom" instead of your attitudes.

Well said that man :clapping:

I have had my E-Trac for about 2 months. I hunt in auto most of the time. but do go to manual to check targets often and also to quick mask I seem to get allot of silver coins on edge I still have my SE with the pro coil but have not used it much. I have found many deep coins with the E-trac and the SE. Both are good mds. But the e-trac is very stable and I like the pinpoint sizing and the icons .So far I have found 37 silver coins and a 14k ring in 2 months with the E-trac would the SE be able to find them I think so. Maybe you have a lemon or bad ground all I know is I would not sell ether one. Maybe you should try to find other e-trac user and have him go over the same ground I wish you good luck HH RonC