Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bird leg bands

Ronstar

Does anyone have a good source to look up/research bird bands? I’ve found several over the years but one I got earlier this years is all metal rather than the hard plastic style. One small number on it is 72 which if is the year would be my oldest band.

It's a full time job Knowing how these bands work.... The us gov issues bands for wild bird migratory research... But states issue them as well... a pheasant or wild turkey farmer would have to band his birds via the state for release... domesticated caged birds... pigeons and parrots.... have yet another type of band.... And Then...There's Canada....and their bands... co mingled with usa birds and bands... :crazy: ... I found a couple of links that kind of explain how to decode a band... but I personally wouldn't sign up for anything... I don't think this helps at all... sorry

Thanks! Ya it looks a bit confusing but I still think this one is older as all metal. Just curious if a local bird or a foreign spy, lol.

Thanks! Ya it looks a bit confusing but I still think this one is older as all metal. Just curious if a local bird or a foreign spy, lol.
spybird.jpg

Early Chinese balloon pigeon??? Lol

Curiosity is just great enough to follow this through……

They get BIG too.

1696355641003.jpeg

Biggest and smallest,I called the 800# but said could not complete the dial,next I'll write them,there is an address on it too.
DSCN0101_InPixio.jpg

DSCN0102_InPixio.jpg