Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bit the Bullet and Ordered the E-trac

JohnTN

You guys convinced me to order the E-trac. I am anxiously awaiting my first field test with the machine.
I got the Sun-ray X8 with it for the edge in the iron infested sites I frequently hunt. I will let you know what I think about her soon.
Any tips for getting started with the E-trac?

John

Start with coin program, auto sensitivity. I like 4 sounds vs. multi keep gain at 21-24 to start and you will hear the good targets from within the nulls of iron. Good targets usually sound nice and smooth. Have fun!

Welcome to the club, John. What areas will you be hunting?

I hope your experiences with this new Minelab will be really exciting for you.

The 'thrill of the chase' is how I feel about the hobby, and the Eco-trac has certainly put a new feeling of anticipation into my searching.

I can honestly say, that my first month with this new machine, has been a rewarding revelation.

I have found very deep targets more consistently with this unit, compared to most others that I've owned.

Sometimes I come home with junk, but that doesn't detract from the good times, especially when I look back and see what a great day it's been.

I haven't shot a bird, or hooked a fish, just walked a few country miles and probably shared the day with some like-minded friends.

Now that Autumn is putting a chill in the air, I'm look forward to that morning flask of coffee, and wrapping up warmly before the hunt begins.

Here come the lads from the Wrexham club, cheeky, cheerful and ready to 'Rock & roll'.........."Look out history, Minelab's a-coming"

[attachment 107054 club.jpg]

MattR.UK.

Thanks Matt, Jeff & Maria. I think I will enjoy this machine from what I am reading it looks like the one I have been waiting for.
I hunt some old fairgrounds where there has been an abundance of topsoil and gravel brought in over the years. The old coins at the fairgrounds are 8"-10" on average, I have found some oldies at 4" that were masked by iron nails. This place has been hunted by other detectorist for about 35 years. There are no easy old coins left but tons of clad. The other sites I hunt work old working farms where the iron and coke are littering the ground. SO I thought that the E-trac might be able to kill two birds with a stone, being that it has the Explorer depth for the fairgrounds and parks and also has the good iron see-thru ability for the old homesteads and farms.
I just sold 5 detectors to be able to buy the E-trac. That leaves me with 20 detectors + the E-trac. Hopefully I will be able to retire and sell of some off the heard if the E-trac is in fact as versitile as everyone says.

I wish i could brew up the same enthusiasm as you matt. Maybe one day.......Sounds like you really love your e track!

Hi Doc.

From you reply do I understand that you are not pleased with your E-trac?

I have been fortunate in starting off with positive results in locations that were abandoned long ago.

That gave me the opportunity to realise what the Eco-Trac was capable of, right from the start.

Once I'd experienced that, then other folk's negative reactions were viewed sympathetically. but not conclusively.

Don't get me wrong, I to have 'bad' days, but that's not the fault of the detector, just circumstances.

You can't find what ain't available.......

One thing has become glaringly apparent....I have changed my attitude to suit the detector,

and not the opposite....TRYING TO MAKE THE DETECTOR SUIT MY OLD WAYS.

I interpret the E-trac's behaviour from a positive point of view, and it works for me.

I rarely leave a target 'Until that lady says' " IRON".

If my E-trac so much as squeaks positively, then I'm on the case.

Talk about giving a target the 'third degree'. As often as not they surrender themselves rather than take any more 'grilling'.

My kitchen floor with its boards and nails, is my best learning zone.

Now I'm a metal detectorist, and not a metal rejectorist.

I spend more time studying the art and practicing it, but that's only because we are not blessed locally with an abundance of places to search.

I never put my hobby before the love and needs of my family......Never did. Never will...........MattR.UK.