Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Black Sand

Not well, and it can vary. Depends on the make up of the beach. Is the black sand in veins, layers or thick deposits.

In the heavy black sand I used all metal with poor results..

Layers where the black sand is showing each tide sand movement, thin black layer... then regular sand, than another thin layer black layer and seeing this multiple times as you dig deeper.. it does good..

The thin veins rarely have a issue and kind of look for these areas on a sloped beach.. below this area I did well on the gold.

How well does the Excal II work in black sand on the beach?

Depends on the make up of the beach. Is the black sand in veins, layers or thick deposits.
I agree that it depends on how thick and uniform the black sand is. Found same issues with CZs ... CZs maybe had a slight advantage but not much. When the black sand (or pink or red sand) get heavy a Pulse Induction detector is the way to go.