Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Blackpowder users

Picketwire

With percussion caps very hard to get and very expensive, here is a solution.
The manufacturer of the cap maker also sells a priming compound in 4 parts to mix and add, but the old Forster cap maker just used toy gun caps and supplied a cutter to remove the excess paper. The company that makes them has how to videos and even say you can use the priming compound to reload regular primers like small and large rifle and pistol along with shotgun primers.

I shoot a 1858 44 remington army revolver. Thanks for the article. Wonder what the full kit cost? Luckily b4 the ammo/reloading crisis, I was well stock up. My black powder stash is getting a bit lower than i like, but it will be ok.

I bought everything here.
And shoot the Ruger Old Army in 45.
Along with 22 to 58 rifles.
By the way this compound makes some wicked exploding bullet's. Using a drill bit by hand. Open up and deepen a hollow point bullet and pack this compound in. Cap with a drop or two of hot wax.
In my PCP 25 and 30 caliber rifle's.
There beastly on ratcoons and small game.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230610-012018.png
    Screenshot_20230610-012018.png
    495.2 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
I bought everything here.
And shoot the Ruger Old Army in 45.
Along with 22 to 58 rifles.
By the way this compound makes some wicked exploding bullet's. Using a drill bit by hand. Open up and deepen a hollow point bullet and pack this compound in. Cap with a drop or two of hot wax.
In my PCP 25 and 30 caliber rifle's.
There beastly on ratcoons and small game.

Yeah I wish I would have bought one of the ruger old army pistols when they were available. Superb gun! May I ask you how you like your PCP Air rifles. I've been afraid to make the jump to PCP air rifles, just as expensive as compressors are. Thanks.

The Avenger in 25. And my new Gauntlet 2 in 30 are Awesome. So far the Avenger has held 4000 psi for over a year. Both will shoot 100-200 yards.

I bought the Nomad 2 compressor.
Slow. But gets it done. I'd buy the Nomad 3 or better the Benjamin compressor. Though twice the cost.
I'm getting the AEA 45 next. 400+ ftlbs

This one is only $500 and has excellent reviews.
Cheapest out there.
Runs on 120-240 V and off your car battery.

This one can fill bottles.

I bought the 74 cuft bottle. Minutes to fill.
Dot approved bottle. Fill most anywhere.

Last edited:
The Avenger in 25. And my new Gauntlet 2 in 30 are Awesome. So far the Avenger has help 4000 psi for over a year. Both will shoot 100-200 yards.

I bought the Nomad 2 compressor.
Slow. But gets it done. I'd buy the Nomad 3 or better the Benjamin compressor. Though twice the cost.
I'm getting the AEA 45 next. 400+ ftlbs

This one is only $500 and has excellent reviews.
Cheapest out there.
Runs on 120-240 V and off your car battery.

This one can fill bottles.

I bought the 74 cuft bottle. Minutes to fill.
Dot approved bottle. Fill most anywhere.

Nice arsenal there!! I'm still shooting a hot rodded gamo hunter extreme in 22 caliber it's a springer. Shoots at about 1150fps on a 18grn pellet. It still gets it done, but after about 200 shots your shoulder will start to bruise. Thanks for sharing.

With percussion caps very hard to get and very expensive, here is a solution.
The manufacturer of the cap maker also sells a priming compound in 4 parts to mix and add, but the old Forster cap maker just used toy gun caps and supplied a cutter to remove the excess paper. The company that makes them has how to videos and even say you can use the priming compound to reload regular primers like small and large rifle and pistol along with shotgun primers.
By the way.
I seal my caps with a 50/50 mix of acetone and red dot or bullseye powder. The acetone dissolves the smokeless powder making a slightly thick liquid. Sometimes I need more acetone to make it thin enough. One drop seals and water proofs the Caps. Can't buy em like that. I usually mix up an ounce or two and keep in airtight bottle. This same mix is great for dipping mini lightbulbs to make homemade electric igniters,, Squib's. By dipping the element then while still wet dipping in primer powder or black powder. Let dry then two more dips drying between or it can crack. 9 V battery lights them off quite well.
Any questions. Just ask. I know too little. 🤗

Nice arsenal there!! I'm still shooting a hot rodded gamo hunter extreme in 22 caliber it's a springer. Shoots at about 1150fps on a 18grn pellet. It still gets it done, but after about 200 shots your shoulder will start to bruise. Thanks for sharing.
Your Welcome.
I still Love my oll Beeman 950.
And occasionally shoot my old 1977 Benjamin 22 pump. Still shooting beautifully. Had it since new.