Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

BLO ORIGINAL SURVEY PLAT MAP IMAGES

Does anyone know what went of the BLO site I posted awhile back? Great site it "WAS." I tried to pull it up from my "Favorites " last night and it is no longer available. They appear to have reworked the site and for some reason decided the Original Survey Plat Images needed to be left off.Maybe the new site is not finished yet but that does not seem to be the case. I wonder if after a certain time period they put that info out to contractactors so they can be sold at profit for all concerned? I do know that one time I did see where some 1812 War Maps were up for sale by Map Dealers, when they were supposed to be placed on line by the Library of Congress . Far as I know the LBC never did put them on line. I may be missing something in working of their new site, or just missing the reasoning for the change of such a good site but it was most likely just Big Brothers Beavis and Butthead at work with our tax dollars as usual.They must have used up their supply of marbles to screw up and had to have something to do to make it look like they were doing something. LOL, I could Rant on for awhile! Sorry, I'll hush now ! Charlie

If it was posted here,it is still here somewhere.

LabradorBob

Bob , I have the the Site "bookmarked" from before when I posted it on the Forum, but what I was wondering was since the BLO has evidently decided the site needed a "facelift" or whatever they would call it, was to ask if anyone had any idea about where the Original Survey Plat Maps were moved to? Or, what it looks like is that the Survey Plats were removed altogether. I was wondering if maybe I was just not understanding how to navigate their"Newly Improved"(???) site they now have in place of the previous one.That site(Survey Maps) I posted here on the Map Forum awhile back can no longer be viewed. If so, it would be nice to know if someone knows where. Thanks, Charlie

Looks like I was right and they are updating/moving/ whatever they do,, the site and I did see enough of it entered to see that is the same material they had up before so that is good to know that it is not being removed altogether. However, no real images are posted yet but the "! Comming Soon " notice is posted , so lets hope it will not be to far in the future before all is up and running again. Also, it is listed by the GLO(General Land Office) and not the BLO (Bureau Of Land Management) for whatever the need be to know the difference. I will try and keep up with their progress and pass it on whenever it happens. HH, Charlie

What is the URL?

Beats me Bob, just do a Google and go to the BLO General Land Records Office and you will find the Pats., Surveys and LSR. listed. Be sure to click on the IMAGES to get the survey Plats to show. That is what I was missing before and thought it was not working because it is some of the mapping that is not running yet. HH Charlie

Thats a pretty cool site
Can anyone give a quick run down as to how i can associate information there with....lets say google earth