Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Blue Excal problem

John(Tx)

One of my hunting partners that has a blue excal was hunting today and it just shut down, no threshold, nothing. Told him to check the pods for water, don't think the battery is dead, sounds like a bad connection. It was fine one minute and bit the sand the next. Any ideas? Thanks....

I would start with the battery... put a meter on it and make sure its putting out i think its like 14 volts dc...ive had a wire go bad inside the battery pod once... then if battery is good make sure its making a good connection at the battery plug..sometimes those pins close up and dont make a good connection....if its anything beyond that ,well i dont know...i guess it could be a bad wire in the headphone cable...you could turn unit on and manipulate the entire length of cable to see if it completes the circuit...but i would definitely start at the battery end 1st....

Mine did that recently. I hunt in PP......... unlike disc you dont hear the threshold raise. It was my battery. Mine died completely wouldnt charge yet maintained a reading of over 13 dcv. I have gotten it when i dont tighten the battery too. It runs then just shuts off like the prongs arent in far enough. Quick check is to barrow someones battery if you dont have another. He needs to check his charger output too.

Yup. Like said above; check contacts, connections and battery. Back in April, my blue tube was running fine. I charged the battery and then the detector would not make a sound. Was on a trip and did not have much in the way of tools with me. When I got home and started checking things with a meter, no juice was getting through the connector contacts. Even though they looked good, I cleaned them up with a pipe cleaner sprayed with contact cleaner. That got all working again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMN2e4Jln44