Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bodie, CA

Roscue2

The best preserved ghost town in the west. Spent hours exploring and shooting the 200 or so remaining buildings in the state park, as well as wagons and autos. A fire destroyed 90% of the town in the 1930s I believe. They are all in a state of arrested decay, and there are artifacts lying around in many areas. Of course, you cannot take anything from the park, but the photographs are enough for me. The actual mining area on the hill top is usually closed to tourists due to safety issues. From what I was told by one of the interpretation rangers, it is estimated that there is still billions in gold and other metals under that giant hill in the background of the wagon photo. I recommend a visit for anyone who ever finds themselves in the area. HH and GL

Hello Roscue2.

Those are great pictures.
Did you convert them to B&W with a software or was it done by the camera?
Anyway, teh look very well.

Thanks for sharing.

They were converted to BW with the Windows basic photo editing they have with the storage space. Thanks for viewing Vito

Can I have your permission to download these awesome shots ??????

n/t

Here is a link, that tells a little about Bodie..
I saw a show on TV about this, one of the men froze to death,, this video does not tell about that..
Video is a little long.
Bj

(Can you repost that video without ads ???)