Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bone Conduction Headphones

oldkoot

I have been testing some wireless Bone conduction Headphones with the Legend Bluetooth wireless connection and with the Garrett's 24K

For anyone that does not know what bone conduction headphones are rather then go over your ears or in your ears like earbuds they set by your ears on a bone kind of on your jaw bone just in front of your ears, they leave your ears open so you can hear things that are going on around you while still being able to hear your detector.
The brand I have been testing are made by a company called Inductivv,I have to say these have been working great for me, I use them with the Legend and the Garrett 24K, with the 24K i had to add a wireless transmitter which the headphones connect to, The tones and threshold come through nice and clear through these bone conduction headphones, the volume on the bone conduction headphones works off the volume control on the detector, I have had no issues with being able to hear targets through these the targets are nice and clear, I also have had no issues with lag on target response they seem to be just a great set of alternative headphones when you want to be able to hear targets and hear what is going on around you while detecting

I would highly recommend them to anyone that wants an alternative headphone for you detector,I have severe tinnitus in both ears with four different sounds going 24/7 in both ears with these bone conduction headphones they help when detecting to lessen the affects of the tinnitus

I have an uncle that uses them and he really likes them.

I love them Terry, Iike the fact my ears are open and I can hear what is going on around me
Yes that is one of the features he's most pleased about.

I have tried a number of headphones that fit behind the ear with latency ratings as fast as 40 ms and still can hear the lag. Closest I can find on conductive head phones is 80ms. Do you have a latency rating on the Inductivvs?

Just looked at them and they have a sale going on; prices are very good. I did not buy because they don't seem to have a wired version. I want wired for venturing into the water.

I have tried a number of headphones that fit behind the ear with latency ratings as fast as 40 ms and still can hear the lag. Closest I can find on conductive head phones is 80ms. Do you have a latency rating on the Inductivvs?
I never could find out what the Latency is on these ones I am using, but they are Bluetooth 5.3 again I personally have not noticed any lag with the ones I am using but with that being said my hearing is not the greatest with having to deal with severe tinnitus, I have used some earbuds that you could tell there was a lag like the Black Shark T1s and T4s those are 35Ms and they have a slight lag but these Inductivv bone conduction I have not noticed any

Just looked at them and they have a sale going on; prices are very good. I did not buy because they don't seem to have a wired version. I want wired for venturing into the water.
Nope no wired version, but these are water proof, I do not go in the water so it really does not matter to me

Very interesting. I love bone conduction earphones but when I mentioned it previously, like about 5 months ago, i was told they are not low latency enough to good enough for metal detecting with the legend. So these are? Where do you get them?

Very interesting. I love bone conduction earphones but when I mentioned it previously, like about 5 months ago, i was told they are not low latency enough to good enough for metal detecting with the legend. So these are? Where do you get them?
sent you a PM with phone number we are not allowed to attach non vendor links

as far as working with a detector I have had no issues when using them, they are Bluetooth 5.3 I have done several test using them in the past 2 months like placing coins on the ground and watching and listening to see where the tone comes through on the coil while listening to the tone in these headphones 99.9% of the time when the target passed through the center of the coil the tone was rite there with the coil and target I have tried 10 different pairs of ear buds and there was some lag with every pair of earbuds I tried the same test on these inductivv bone conduction's are rite there with the supplied Nokta/Macro headphones the supplied headphones that came with the Legend are a little better but not enough to notice in my opinion, again the benefits of the bone conduction are they leave your ears open so you can keep aware of your surroundings

Last edited:
sent you a PM with phone number we are not allowed to attach non vendor links

as far as working with a detector I have had no issues when using them, they are Bluetooth 5.3 I have done several test using them in the past 2 months like placing coins on the ground and watching and listening to see where the tone comes through on the coil while listening to the tone in these headphones 99.9% of the time when the target passed through the center of the coil the tone was rite there with the coil and target I have tried 10 different pairs of ear buds and there was some lag with every pair of earbuds I tried the same test on these inductivv bone conduction's are rite there with the supplied Nokta/Macro headphones the supplied headphones that came with the Legend are a little better but not enough to notice in my opinion, again the benefits of the bone conduction are they leave your ears open so you can keep aware of your surroundings
Thanks thats real good to know I always preferred the bone conduction

Found my bone conduction need to charge them and try them

Attachments

• 8F453D2B-D7D1-4B8F-BE85-46DD04F02C67.jpeg
    8F453D2B-D7D1-4B8F-BE85-46DD04F02C67.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 87
I have been testing some wireless Bone conduction Headphones with the Legend Bluetooth wireless connection and with the Garrett's 24K

For anyone that does not know what bone conduction headphones are rather then go over your ears or in your ears like earbuds they set by your ears on a bone kind of on your jaw bone just in front of your ears, they leave your ears open so you can hear things that are going on around you while still being able to hear your detector.
The brand I have been testing are made by a company called Inductivv,I have to say these have been working great for me, I use them with the Legend and the Garrett 24K, with the 24K i had to add a wireless transmitter which the headphones connect to, The tones and threshold come through nice and clear through these bone conduction headphones, the volume on the bone conduction headphones works off the volume control on the detector, I have had no issues with being able to hear targets through these the targets are nice and clear, I also have had no issues with lag on target response they seem to be just a great set of alternative headphones when you want to be able to hear targets and hear what is going on around you while detecting

I would highly recommend them to anyone that wants an alternative headphone for you detector,I have severe tinnitus in both ears with four different sounds going 24/7 in both ears with these bone conduction headphones they help when detecting to lessen the affects of the tinnitus
Oldkoot: could you give a February update on those Inductivv Bone conduction headphones? Are they still working flawlessly? Comfortable to wear? Good sound quality? I ask because I'm ready to take the plunge on this type of headphone but Inductivv doesn't seem to show up a lot in Bone conduction reviews. An update would be appreciated.

Oldkoot: could you give a February update on those Inductivv Bone conduction headphones? Are they still working flawlessly? Comfortable to wear? Good sound quality? I ask because I'm ready to take the plunge on this type of headphone but Inductivv doesn't seem to show up a lot in Bone conduction reviews. An update would be appreciated.
Ok here you go

the Inductivv headphones do work pretty good, better than any earbuds I have tried to date, the Bone Conduction phones are vary comfortable to wear all day and you get accustomed to not even being aware they are even on your head at all, but even though they work good my one complaint with the Inductivv's is there is no onboard way on the Inductivv's to increase the Volume or decrease the Volume, you have to set the volume in the Legend for the Inductivv's to work and sound their best, the other thing if you are detecting with the threshold active in the Legend the Inductivv's are still not quite correct but they are better than any of the 12 pairs of different Earbuds I have tried, if you are one of those detectorist that do not utilize the threshold on the Legend then I do not feel the Bone Conductin phone or earbuds would affect you being able to distinguish the tones at all I actually like the Inductivv's a lot and use them quite often when I am detecting without the threshold active simply because they also allow me to stay aware of what is going on around me.

with having stated all of the above I have since been trying a Neckband style speaker which has incorporated earbuds into the neckband speaker they are called Avantree Taurus neck Band speaker the Avantree Taurus neckband speaker actually are the ones I would recommend because they do work flawlessly and even though I do not use the incorporated earbuds I can now hear everything including the threshold on the Legend with out having something stuck over my ears or in my ears

The problems with various earbuds, and bone conduction headphones with the Legend is this
the Legend utilizes what is called Codec aptX LL which is a older version of Low Latency Bluetooth and even though most earbuds and bone conduction headphones say the are Low Latency, the problem is they are not Codec aptX LL, those two little LLs is what makes the difference when a set is connected to the Legend Bluetooth, if you notice when you connect the supplied wireless headphone that came with your Legend, look at the Bluetooth icon at the top of the screen of your Legend when you connect the supplied wireless headphone there will be two little LLs next to the Bluetooth icon, if you pair a different set of wireless headphone,Earbuds ,or Bone conduction headphones and those two little LLs are not there then they are running the wrong Codec for the Legend

Last edited:
Appreciate the detailed response Oldkoot. Durability plus the ability to adjust volume is what I wanted to know about and you addressed both issues!

Appreciate the detailed response Oldkoot. Durability plus the ability to adjust volume is what I wanted to know about and you addressed both issues!
One thing I would like to add The Avantree Taurus neckband speaker I referred to in my previous reply to you are a little different from a conventional style headphone, Earbuds or Bone Conduction headphones in the fact they are a little bulky the way they work is the go around your neck thus (Neckband Speaker) and just drape over your shoulders they have speakers on top shooting the sounds up to your ears, They do work vary vary good in the fact that instead of using the Legends onboard speaker, the Avantree Taurus puts the sounds closer to your ears allowing you to hear everything including the threshold, but with the incorporated earbuds that retract back into the neckband speaker, if you choose to use them makes it nice its like two different systems in one, I have asked different people while out detecting if the sounds from my Legend are bothering them and everyone of the ones I asked said they could not hear anything, my detector was doing and that was while I was just using the Avantree Taurus without the incorporated earbuds being used, and that was at full volume on the Avantree Neckband speaker and full volume in the Legend which I really do not recommend running both at full volume because the volume the Avantree Taurus is capable of sounds like it is going to blow your head off but everyone around me says they can hardly hear them when I am using them, I like the Avantree Taurus a lot

here is the Avantree Taurus Neckband Speaker

but Avantree has now come out with these which are also aptX LL Bone Conduction Headphones these are new I will be ordering me some of these LOL

Specifications
Details -
Transmitter
• Bluetooth Version: 5.0
• Audio Codec Support: aptX-LL, aptX, FS, SBC
• Supported Profiles: A2DP, AVRCP
• Operating Range: Class 1, 100ft/30m

Dis regard the Avantree Medley Air Bone Conduction headphones they will not work correctly with the Legend I jumped the gun on those only the transmitter that comes with them utilizes the Codec aptX LL the Bone conduction Headphones (DO NOT), and I did confirm this with Avantree so I got it straight from the horses mouths tech Department,The bone Conduction headphones utilizes what is called fast connect they are 40ms the same as aptX LL so not really sure what the differences would be

now I have to go cry in my Wheaties or Soup because I just made myself sound like an IDIOT LOL

Ok so today i tried the aftershok bone conduction headphones and did not like them at all.
They paired and sounded great but too much of a delay.
Using the 6” coil when over a target with either using speaker or the NM bluetooth headphones that came the legend it would sound at the middle of the coil.
When using the bone conduction it would sound when the edge of the coil was directly over the target after you passed it either direction.
In other words the delay was the time it took for the target to get from the center of the coil to the edge.
That makes it very difficult to pinpoint and if it is really trashy or there is another target close by im sure it would effect the numbers and possibly even masking targets. I don’t know if you have experienced any delays with bone conduction but too much of a delay for me and im not that picky lol