Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bonehead mistakes...........

plowboy

Took the 600 next door and cranked her up, got my first signal and realized my digging tool was home. I remember once years ago I was 10 miles away when I discovered my digging tool of choice was at home. Anyone want to make me feel better and list some of their mistake they have made.

Took the 600 next door and cranked her up, got my first signal and realized my digging tool was home. I remember once years ago I was 10 miles away when I discovered my digging tool of choice was at home. Anyone want to make me feel better and list some of their mistake they have made.
I was 12 miles from home and forgot my headphones. I spent the rest of the day listening to the little speaker on the detector. No fun.

I once forgot to bring my RTG scoop with me on one of my beach trips.....It sucks digging with your hands!....A year later I left behind that very same scoop at the same location in the parking lot.... I drove away without it and forgot to load it....maybe it was because of being tired?... I didn’t leave until 3 in the morning.

I left my $39 Whits digmaster on a park bench. Two weeks I remembered I did that it was 50 miles away.
I now engrave my name and phone number on all my tools and inside of my pinpointer that comes out when changing the battery.
Doug

Drove 15 miles to look for a ring a lady lost when feeding her horses in late fall. Got there, fired up the F5 and nothing. Ok, dead batteries I think. Open her up and no batteries, crap....... took them out thinking done for the year. Now have a thin piece of ribbon hanging out of battery boxes when I do that......

On a positive note - One of our club members left his detector in a park. Realized it when he got home and was unloading his gear. Drove back to the park and it was gone. A month later (two weeks ago) he hears the doorbell ring but can't answer it quick enough. Sees a car driving away and turns to go back into the house and there's his AT Max leaning next to the door. We can only guess that they contacted Garrett with the serial number, and they gave the folks his address. There's still some good folks out there.

I live 32 miles from the beach. Arrived one morning before daylight. Got my gear READY to hit the beach. My Xcal would not turn on. It took me a few minutes to realize that there was no batter on the machine. No battery in the car. So 32 miles back to the house to get my batteries and then the same 32 miles back to the beach.

Another day when i got my gear out of the trunk of my car i laid the keys down along with my cell phone to get something. Closed the trunk and realized i was locked out. Thankfully a gentleman let me use his cell phone to call my wife to come rescue. The best laid plans of mice and men.

About 6-7 years ago I was using my IDXPro and a fellow stopped to blab. I politely shut the machine off because it’s a little chatty and 10-15 minutes later he was on his way. I swung for a SOLID 5 minutes, maybe closer to 10...and then turned my machine back on. Duh.
Oh God... I must have laughed for 5 minutes at this post. 😂😂😂 The truth is Stranger Than Fiction. And your no rookie. That's why I couldn't stop laughing. Oh god... I'm still laughing..!