Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Books identifying old nails

volpe

Looking for books that identify and date old nails, does anybody have one, or know where I can obtain one?

you may want to post this question on the general interest or metal detecting forum. you could also do a google search or check with Amazon books. good luck

Hi volpe, there is such a book because I have an Archie friend that has one. I have not talked with her in awhile due to both of us having health issues, but I need to give her a call to check on her. Soon as I make contact with her I will see what I can find out about the book. Meanwhile I would suggest checking with some Archaeological sites or forums. HH, Charlie

Charlie: Thank you very much for your response and your efforts on my behalf. I apologize for my delayed retort, My wifes mother went into the hospital and we have been away nearly all last week. I,ve been searching the net but so far I have only found research papers. I bought a book last August From a metal detecting online seller on the chronology and history of nails and their use for dating buildings etc. However, I can't find it, of course it will show when/if I can get another, or it will come to light in the dead of winter.

Hi volpe , I have not contacted my friend yet but the book you described that you have sounds, as best I can remember, much like the one my friend has. Lol, I understand well about misplacing things, and later finding them . HH, Charlie

You might want to try the web site "The Gutenberg Project" which supplies old, old books whose copyright has expired. The folks at Gutenberg have these books on-line, ready for a free down-load by you and I.
Can't guarantee your book(s) you want will be found there, but check it out anyway...there's tens-of-thousands of books available that have been long out of print.