Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bose headphones?

Hi Fellers, I'm back now looking for some input for my ole 1266 Buddy that is thinking of getting some Bose phones for his 66.Being an old welder his ears were shot years ago from all the construction noise etc.I don't ever know of him using anything other than the cheapest of phones, and he still manages to smoke our butts with his 66.He is thinking of getting some $200 Bose phones in hopes of boosting sensitivity some.From all I am reading, he may be headed in the right direction. All this has me thinking the same except for the price, which for Bose, is a very reasonable price.Seems to me they need to start making (tougher)phones,primarly for detecting, which far as I can tell, they don't do_Other downside is that the Bose Noise counciling phones are not such a good idea in snake country, and we have plenty of crawlers about.Any input would surely be appreciated, though I am awful wary of bosting his smoke butt abilities, but that's what being best friends is all about! HH, Charlie

Never had a set of Bose headphones.But I use to play music and used Bose PA system, the separatiion is by far the best we'd ever had. Headphones should be a piece of cake. As far as snakes go, well, you have to take the good with the bad. As far as his smoke butt capabilities, just be glad he's not using a MetroTech :)

Thanks 2 Much Trash, I Googled around a bit and did find one guy that used his Bose "music" phones on his Fisher in an emergency, and he was really pleased with them, saying they would become his regular phones. The crawley critters are certainly to be considered, as well as the price. Makes me wonder why Bose doesn't offer some phones for diggers.HH, Charlie