Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bottlecaps and the xp deus

Waterdog

I went out with the xp deus today and no matter what the number said, it was a bottlecap.
I have been out several times this last week and I have found, quarters, dimes, nickels, copper pennies, zinc pennies, a silver ring, and a gold plated necklace. I have also found my share of trash and pull tabs. Anyway to get around any of this to help me with the learning of the deus?

Was on the dry sand beach yesterday morning, P3, Disc @ 42
Got several "Carlsberg" bottle tops but got an 80% accept 20% ferr disc sound so was able to ignore other same brand.
Also dug a few older completely rusted tops brand unknown but had that same tone but about a 90% accept sound 10% spluttery sound.
Had I wanted to ignore them all I'd have pushed Disc into the 60's

Either way, I dug a ton of Foil, a single ferrous euro 1c and a toe ring

Didn't feel the need to run any of the Beach Programs as it was a quick 'reccy', 30 mins or so as I had to return to the city to meet a guy buying my 'GoPro Silver7'

Plenty of youtube videos on the subject. Most accurate is to turn the ID norm to "No" and build another program set to 4KHz for checking. If at 4KHz the ID number goes down, dig, if it stays the same or higher it's iron or bottlecap. I average about one bottle cap per hour but sometimes it goes higher depending on the type of caps in the area. Now I assume you mean

Plenty of youtube videos on the subject. Most accurate is to turn the ID norm to "No" and build another program set to 4KHz for checking. If at 4KHz the ID number goes down, dig, if it stays the same or higher it's iron or bottlecap. I average about one bottle cap per hour but sometimes it goes higher depending on the type of caps in the area. Now I assume you mean bottle caps and not aluminum screw caps.

What ever program you are using be sure you are in full tones, then when you hit a target pull the coil back towards you slowly and when the tip of the coil is off the target it will change tone to a lower sound, this works well without having to change programs

I don't know which programs you are talking about, but easy enough to try it out. I like the Full Tones also. Do the double-D wiggle and pull the coil off and listen for the squawk around the edges of the target. But shifting to a lower frequency is by far the best way I've used. Another one is to lift the coil off the target and see if the ID numbers drop. There's a Skill School video on Iron Identification has some tips.

Signal intensity is another clue you over a cap. The signal is just too powerful.

MikeLab said:
I don't know which programs you are talking about, but easy enough to try it out. I like the Full Tones also. Do the double-D wiggle and pull the coil off and listen for the squawk around the edges of the target. But shifting to a lower frequency is by far the best way I've used. Another one is to lift the coil off the target and see if the ID numbers drop. There's a Skill School video on Iron Identification has some tips.

Signal intensity is another clue you over a cap. The signal is just too powerful.

I second what Mike said on the wiggle it works great!

MikeLab said:

I was going to suggest Gary’s Xp Deus Skill School that goes over this. Good luck!

Where I live, most of the bottle caps will significantly raise the mineralization bar. Seeing the bar (if you can see it, I had trouble with my older eyes!) almost fill up is another way to identify some bottle cap targets even without getting any iffy audio responses. Maybe it will be another tool for identifying them where you live too. Experiment on the brand of caps that you find in your area.

Jeff

jmaclen said:
Where I live, most of the bottle caps will significantly raise the mineralization bar. Seeing the bar (if you can see it, I had trouble with my older eyes!) almost fill up is another way to identify some bottle cap targets even without getting any iffy audio responses. Maybe it will be another tool for identifying them where you live too. Experiment on the brand of caps that you find in your area.

Jeff

Good tip Jeff. Thanks!