Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bow Hunt turned Relic Hunt

jtram

I took off the last few days and bow hunted. Saw several deer but still kind of hot and did not want to mess with one right now. The place I bow hunt has an 1830's military road running right through the middle of it. I have the old plat maps with the road and lay of the land and creeks so I know I am in a prime spot. I went to the neighbors place, east of where I hunt and got permission to MD the land where the road crosses the creek, but no luck there. Next I tried the land to the west and got permission to hunt a large hay field that the farmer said he had recently cut part of it. I was really excited for this place. The map shows a Shawnee Indian encampment there where this field is located. The farmer was correct he had cut part of it, about three swaths the rest of the field was waist high. When I started back out of the bottom I noticed a pond and water cress at the upper end, must be a spring at this spot.

I looked at the area and there was a semi flat spot that was on the side of the hill facing the south and west, good place I thought to myself and I was correct. I stepped out of the truck and immediately found a piece of cut brass sheet. I found several of these during the day. The first identifiable target was the broken spur. The farmer stopped to check on me and as soon as he left I found the Stirrup. I kept working the area and found the two buttons close to where I found the spur. Then just down the hill I found both parts of the locket about 20 feet apart. As you can see in the group photo there were several pieces of the cut brass sheet wonder why all of this was there?

I took the pictures with my phone so they may not be the best quality but if anyone could help identify the large button that would be great. Maybe I am seeing things but it almost looks like a small eagle with its wings spread over something, I just cant tell.

Thanks for looking.

Jim

Way to go on the research man! It payed off big time!