Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Boy Scout Hunt & V3 Seminar

What a awesome hunt this was ! I was able to meet a lot of nice folks. The two guys from Maine, "Bill and Kirk", were a blast ! They did a fantastic job and I hope they post there finds, because I don't want to steal there thunder. Well the first day I did not do very well to start off. Then I ran into Bill from
(Maine), he wanted me to go with him to his and Kirk's honey hole . Then I started to hit targets at 12" and when I pulled them out, they were memorial pennies. What a bummer !! The next day we had the V3 seminar .The class lasted about 3 to 4 hours, and boy did I learn a lot ! I've been having trouble pinpointing, using the D2 coil. I found out that my "VCO" was turn off . After the class was over, Larry and I went over to the side of the hill and I found my first silver quarter .The last day I got off to a late start, I went way back into the woods and started to hunt my way back and I found my first "Merc", it was down 5". About 10 minutes later, I found a" Boy Scout badge". Then not far from there, was the 1944 "wheat penny". Another 30 minutes later I found the "neckerchief slide"(eat your heart out Rob!) Then it started to rain,so I headed out. I would like to thank Rob, Larry, Peoria Area Treasure Hunters Club for the hunt and having the "V3" seminar. I hope that we can have more hunts in the future. HH Chappy:clap:

I do hope our seminar guys do post. They were able to do great. Chappy (Bryan) found the Liberty slide I've been trying to find for 3 years.

The guys made many first finds for them, congratulations.

I'm glad you had a good time and found some goodies Brian. I have never seen a slide like the one you found, that was nice find and congratulations on the silver too.

Those are all fantastic finds Brian. If you find out any more information about the pin, please let us know. That's one fantastic neckerchief Boy Scout slide. :clapping: She's a beauty alright and a rare one. I did some more checking and they are quite rare. Congratulations on your first silver coin finds. :clapping: Your finds are priceless in my book. It was great to have you at our hunt and thanks for stopping by also. HH, Nancy

Is this the same slide? Not to high jack your thread. Nice job Too Brian. I found this one last year. TY Yazoo

How Chappy does it.
[attachment 197095 IMG_0025.JPG]

West Point Academy Mint- Coins with W mint mark. Only the American Silver Eagle (beginning in 1996 to present), Modern gold coins, and the 1996-W Roosevelt Dime.