Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Brass Item...No Idea What It Is

pine3874

Found this today in an empty lot where I also found a merc(no photo). I tried to ID it on Google Lens, but no luck. On the bottom where you can see a small hole on the side, there is another small hole of the same size on the other side. If you think you know what this is, please let me know. Thanks

b1.JPGb2.JPG

I think it is probably an early electric light or fan ceiling bezel. The small hole would be for the switch pull string.

I am thinking it is part of a lamp that hold the globe on a floor lamp as I see the small holes are treaded and would have small screws in them to hold the globe of the light. The bigger hole on top would be where the switch would be mounted.
That is what I would say it is.

Im with Rick on this one….!

Looking at the quarter in the original photo vs the tractor light photo I’m thinking could it be an old headlight housing off an early car in the “brass light” era?????